USMC spec ops "MAC P SOG" in Philippines

Bob Hudson

Well this is really not a patch - the Marines don't use them except for, what, aviation squadrons? I guess we could think of this a permanently attached patch.... It is for a special USMC unit and it's on a t-shirt, in line with the kinds of specialty t-shirts we sometimes see for Marine units, usually ones deployed overseas.

2.jpg

I am told this unit is part of the US advisers in the Mindanao area of the Philippines. The website for the joint unit sums it up like this:

Nestled in Camp Navarro, home of the Philippine military’s Western Mindanao Command, is U.S. Joint Special Operations Task Force - Philippines. JSOTF-P is comprised of special operations forces from all four services, including U.S. Army Green Berets, Navy S.E.A.L.s, Marine Special Operations Forces and Air Force Commandos. Supported by a small staff, JSOTF-P’s mission is focused on providing advice to the Philippine military and assisting them in their fight against terrorism. They are currently focused on pursuing the Abu Sayyaff Group (ASG) and Jemiah Islamiah (JI), two terrorist groups operating in the islands of Mindanao, Basilan and Sulu.

1.jpg

3.jpg

kriegsmodell

Nice shirt. JSOTF-P is considered part of Operation Enduring Freedom-Philippine Islands (OEF-PI or simply OEF-P). The 160th SOAR is also deployed as part of this entity as well as other NSW assets to include SBT and SWCC.

I believe the Bravo Company patch is a fantasy item. The other two patches are reproductions of actual examples.

Nice shirt. JSOTF-P is considered part of Operation Enduring Freedom-Philippine Islands (OEF-PI or simply OEF-P). The 160th SOAR is also deployed as part of this entity as well as other NSW assets to include SBT and SWCC.

I believe the Bravo Company patch is a fantasy item. The other two patches are reproductions of actual examples.

The Marines, I know, authorize wear of t-shirts with "unit distinct logos" for PT, but I don't know if they can wear them under their utility uniforms.

• 1 year later...

I am pretty sure the Bravo patch is legit.There really was a Task Force Comet around 2002 and the Philippine Jump wing makes sense considering the USSF were the first to deploy for OEF-P.

The Marines, I know, authorize wear of t-shirts with "unit distinct logos" for PT, but I don't know if they can wear them under their utility uniforms.

We wore unit type t-shirts underneath our uniforms during my whole career. I'd bet that hasn't really changed as long as they are the correct color. A lot of times it was a source of pride wearing a t-shirt from another unit you had been in - salty.

• 7 years later...

This patch was in a photo album for SF group. Lots of news clippings and photos. I haven't been able to find any other examples online. Is this a real one? Thanks, Ken 

20220513_165051.jpg

20220513_165100.jpg