New airborne movie...

ken88

Here's a new one...

About the 517th PRCT jumping into Southern France. @ First sight, some critical mistakes in the uniforms, but looks cool though!

www.airbornecreed.com

73190.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up Ken...a similar one dealing with the D-Day drop came out last year. Low-budget...went straight to DVD as I daresay this one will!

DutchInfid3l

I had seen the trailer not too long ago, it has the same actor that played the main character "Deacon" from the last one... Corbin Allred.

DutchInfid3l

Ah, IMDB has it as the same director as the last one too, Ryan Little. Also says it'll be in theaters Aug. 17

Ah, IMDB has it as the same director as the last one too, Ryan Little. Also says it'll be in theaters Aug. 17

I bought a copy of the last one...can't recall its title (stored away in a box somewhere!) Can someone remind me of the title please? IIRC it was most definitely a "B" movie! :pinch:

:crying: Looks like another one that will eventually grace the movies for men channel. Think i can give this one a miss :thumbsup:

Rich

Sub-titled "How the airborne won the war"! :o Movie-makers (and reenactors) seem to be locked into this scenario!

willysmb44

Made by the same people who made, "Saints and Soldiers" which was for the most part a Mormon production so they could have a family-friendly war movie. They didn't do too bad a job with S&S, I actually liked it.

Here's the trailer! Always ruined by having some "love interest"!! :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV7wza7aJ1E

Personally I don't think the love interest has to be a bad thing, it adds a human touch to the movie, quite welcome in a war movie. It helps the viewer to take his mind off war for a sec, as long as it's not half war/half love story.

They also state that WWII was the most brutal war mankind has ever known, well obviously they don't know what WWI was like. Given the number of casualties, yes, WWII was awful, but the warfare back in WWI was just incredibly sick and much more brutal compared to WWII. Bayonet charges every single day, gas attacks, ... Doesn't take away the fact that every war is brutal and shouldn't have happened in the first place. On the other hand the bombing of cities seen in WWII was beyond imagination as well.

Gotta see it though... Until now there's never been a movie about the 517th dropping into Southern France, I hope they actually shot some scenes in France to improve the credibility and to make up for the lack of details in the costumes.

• 2 months later...
Red Ball Express
Anyone see it yet?

It's in theaters in the USA right now...!

Theaters

Are you kidding me movie people! Why would you only have it in utah one of the least populated states in the u.s lol!

Ryan

"How the airborne won the war"[/i]!

Ok, but... the USMC lovers have their "How Nicholas Cage + one Thompson SMG won the PTO" as well... if you know what I mean... ;):lol:

Are you kidding me movie people! Why would you only have it in utah one of the least populated states in the u.s lol!

The production company made Saints and Soldiers as a Mormon war movie. I can only assume the same for this one. So, Utah would be the most expected place to see it furst, knowing this...

There's a review at http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8655608...who-served.html

It notes:

In “Airborne Creed,” the filmmakers again succeed in their goal of showing the human side of war. Some may think this version of the franchise is an LDS film, but only in the sense that it was made by Mormon filmmakers. The focus is on how soldiers deal with surviving the atrocities of war. Religion is only mentioned because Jones was going into the clergy before he joined the military.

Then there's the inevitable question: Is this new film as good as the first one? Each of the soldiers' stories is compelling, but “Airborne Creed” is less believable than the first film. There are some shots and scenes that appear staged and quickly thrown together. But cast members do a wonderful job playing their roles and connecting with the audience. Each of the main actors draws the viewer into his life.

If you equate Mormons with Utah (exclusively), you are not paying attention.

Further they made it for FAMILIES -- any and all families -- not just their co-religionists or Utahans.

If you equate Mormons with Utah (exclusively), you are not paying attention.

Further they made it for FAMILIES -- any and all families -- not just their co-religionists or Utahans.

It seems to me opening this particular film in the state with the highest concentration of Mormons in the US is good marketing. If they don't go see it, likely no one will, so you can scrap the theater circuit and go to DVD.

Ian

doinworkinvans

This looks terrible. Why wouldn't a movie maker make it believeable and era-correct. Blaghhhhhhhhhh

Why wouldn't a movie maker make it believeable and era-correct.

Because the number of people who could tell the difference is so small that it does not justify the extra expense of trying to do exact reproductions. You could do a "WWII" movie with US troops wearing cotton sateens and Kevlar helmets and 99% of the audience would not care or know that something is wrong, especially as WWII becomes further and further in the past.

One reason not to show authentic DRAGOON unifs and such is because the real ones were spray-painted for camo.

How ya gonna RE-use those M42s and web gear for future projects if they are coated with green and black goo?

Costume suppliers typically charge clients whatever it costs them to replicate such stuff, as rent, plus a margin. So $1,000 worth of M42 suits (purchase price) is rented for say $1,200. The supplier makes real profits only when they can RE-rent the inventory.

At Western Costumes in Los Angeles, the guide showed off a cowboy gun belt that, according to their records, was bought in about 1930 for $12 and had appeared in 100+ movies. It was one of John Wayne's favorites and was also worn by Richard Widmark and Robert Mitchum and Charles Bronson. It was also one of the company's favorite money-makers. He showed hats with similar provenance sagas.

American Patrol Co.

At the risk of getting blasted by the forum and for the sake of full disclosure, I am one of the producers of this film (Saints and Soldiers Airborne Creed) and was also the Sr. Tech advisor for the first film in 2003 (Saints and Soldiers).

A group of friends hosted a reunion of the 517th here in 2009. Ryan and I interviewed and filmed Gen Seitz as well as many other troopers during there time here in SLC. It was an extremely memorable experience and we got the bug to use their story as a background for a new film.

A script was drafted using one of the original troopers background and Ryan coupled and adapted his award willing student film we made in 1999 called “The Last Good War” into the story used in this film.

FYI this is a small budget independent film, if you have any knowledge of such you should know that independent films are primarily screened to audiences that will pay to see them. IF successful, they are then placed in other regions that may like them.

This film was shown on Aug 15th 2012 in GA to troopers on the anniversary of operation dragoon and premiered in SLC Utah (where most of us who threw in on the film live). It was also screened at the D-day re-enactment this past summer.

It was filmed on location in Utah and Jil Aguilar our Exec. Prod. (who is a French citizen and from this part of France) assures us the topography is very similar to that region of the world he grew up in. He found and recommended our set location. We have native speakers for the partisan actors and we did sweat a lot of details. You just might be surprised what we did if you actually watched it.

Another reason for shooting here in Utah is that we have access to the worlds largest private WWII vehicle collection (in Tooele Ut) and the owner likes me and gives us access to his vehicles…

I am a Mormon, as well some of the other film makers, but it is NOT a Mormon film. It is not propaganda and it was not funded in any way shape or from by the Mormon church and we don’t pretend to represent the church in any way with the exception of how we live our personal lives. FYI-A good number of our cast and crew are not Mormons. We are only a bunch of guys who got private financing to make a movie. I believe the films messages of humanity in wartime contain a broader commentary of the time and culture of the people who fought this war and are not exclusive to any one faith.

We have been successful in marketing this film abroad and have sold the rights to it around the world.

It is not Spielberg, but that is not what were shooting for. It is a character study of some of the men who bear the burden of war and give our respects to those who fought on all sides.

In 2003 we made a little movie that people really enjoyed and highly regarded. This movie is similar to the first in style, content and message, give it a chance guys, you might just dig it…

Peace

Ray

hbtcoveralls

Thanks Ray,

I appreciate what you have added to the discussion. I watched "Saints and Soldiers" and didn't really like it. I'm also not at all into Airborne anything, so probably won't see the new movie. I don't care for preachy or religious themes either. But I want to thank you for continuing to make WWII themed movies, because that time is so full of rich compelling stories that have not yet been told. Maybe for your next film, you could present a retelling of an actual true incident or action and leave out the "fictionalization".

Tom Bowers

American Patrol Co.
Thanks Ray,

I appreciate what you have added to the discussion. I watched "Saints and Soldiers" and didn't really like it. I'm also not at all into Airborne anything, so probably won't see the new movie. I don't care for preachy or religious themes either. But I want to thank you for continuing to make WWII themed movies, because that time is so full of rich compelling stories that have not yet been told. Maybe for your next film, you could present a retelling of an actual true incident or action and leave out the "fictionalization".

Tom Bowers

interpreted......."your stuff sucks, I dont want to waste my time objectively watching it, but I will critisize it..........go ahead, just try and please me...." thanks.....I think? :think: