40mm Grenade pouch

Allen Dail

Hello

I picked this pouch up today and wanted to get your opinion on it. It is marked on two of the retaining straps but I can read all of the numbers. It doesnt have a nsn but some mfn and number. Is this a issue piece or aftermarket or made for surplus market type gear.

DSCI0366.jpg

DSCI0369.jpg

DSCI0370.jpg

asianairborne

Looks after market. The color of the nylon and the flimsy ALICE clips throw this one away for me.

Lets see what others think.

Looks LBT or US Cavalry or some other aftermarket outfit, it's cool that it's adjustable for frag or illumination rounds.

Wanna sell it?

grenade pouch for the modular load bearing vest used (tested?) briefly before the first issue of Molle system by USMC. i'll dig up some photos.

this is the whole set (not mine). Made in 1996

dsci1527.jpg

the pouches on the vest are attached with slide keepers.

dsci1534.jpg

this is a photo of the lbv being worn (is different from a standard one), with aftermarket pouches

1st Reconnaissance Battalion, 1st Marine Division

DM-SD-07-07456.jpg

the photo was took 22 july 2004 in al asad, iraq, just prior the first USMC HAHO combat jump. (Read the article "Marine jump into history" or something like that)

Thanks for the great info and photos taucco. I have never seen or heard od this gear until now. Thanks again for the id. now to find the other parts for the set. I am sure that will not be easy.Thanks for your comments as well asianairborne and hotlead. I think I am going to hold on to the pouch hotlead,

Thanks Allen