• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 36-tex

36-tex
  • Members
    • Member ID: 98
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:20 AM

I assume these are being worn on the new ACU fatigues for the USAF. Info on these? Have they been around and this is the first I have seen of them? They are blue on a olive gray.

Attached Images

• new_usaf__2_.jpg

#2 Teamski

Teamski
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,043
  • 14,147 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:43 AM

Yeah, those are ABU stripes.

-Ski

#3 Lee Ragan

Lee Ragan
  • Members
    • Member ID: 97
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:16 AM

Yeah, those are ABU stripes.

-Ski

We might also add that they come in the 4" wide and 3 1/2" wide versions. The smaller ones are for females. I just finished my set of these except for a Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force, but getting those might be dang near impossible!
Oh yea.... there are officer ranks now in these colors for wear on the ACU.

#4 36-tex

36-tex
  • Members
    • Member ID: 98
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:53 AM

Lee, I just got these in a tub of USAF chevrons from a sewing shop. There was a major and captain rank in there as well as these and a couple specialty badges.

#5 Bluehawk

Bluehawk
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,976
  • 7,001 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:07 AM

ABU = Air Battle Uniform

#6 mvmhm

mvmhm
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,423
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:30 AM

That would actually be "Airman Battle Uniform"....I've got a bag of the chevrons I'm going to put up for sale as soon as I can get motivated to take some pictures...I've got all the ranks I think except E9..

Mark sends

#7 Lee Ragan

Lee Ragan
  • Members
    • Member ID: 97
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:11 PM

That would actually be "Airman Battle Uniform"....I've got a bag of the chevrons I'm going to put up for sale as soon as I can get motivated to take some pictures...I've got all the ranks I think except E9..

Mark sends

Just to cover the E-9 pay grade takes quite a few chevrons in this set. Ya got Chief Master Sergeant (both 4" and 3 1/2"), E-9 First Sergeant in both sizes, Command Chief Master Sergeant, again in two sizes and finally a Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force. As far as I know the CMSAF is only made in the 4" size. That's still 7 chevrons to cover the USAF E-9 pay grade stripes just in this new subdued series.
Just keeping up with all the new stuff is almost a full time job! :w00t: (Will the fun ever end?)

#8 seanmc1114

seanmc1114
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,761
  • 5,371 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:08 AM

I love those new ABU's. I live near Robins Air Force Base and see them all over town. I don't know how practical they are, but they really look nice and I especially like the fact that the Air Force still wears full size enlisted ranks on the sleeves of its camouflaged uniforms instead of on the collars.

#9 AndyUSMC

AndyUSMC
  • Members
    • Member ID: 6,988
  • 240 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:24 PM

I have bought a few sets of ABUs over the past few months. They have not yet started to sell in my shop. Hopefully soon.

#10 cco23i

cco23i
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,889
  • 453 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:05 AM

I just wish we would go back to the greens. I hate the new uniform.

Scott

#11 Senator57

Senator57
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,023
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:47 PM

I just wish we would go back to the greens. I hate the new uniform.
Scott

I had fun buying my first set of ABU's last week. Once I had the right jacket/pant sizes, then I had to make sure I had the correct shading. They had three different choices that I needed to match! Although the AF is working to standardize the uniform materials, what's out there will need to be used up.

-Frank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users