• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cccranger

cccranger
  • Recruits
    • Member ID: 175,483
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 05:50 AM

Hello forum members. I am a Park Ranger interested in interpreting the Civilian Conservation Corps. The amazing threads here and the deep research of members like world war 1 nerd have already been a huge help to me in identifying and understanding the clothing issued by the QC to the CCC. Despite all the amazing work here, I find there are still mysteries about CCC issued garments and shoes and military clothing in general between 1918 and 1938 that I hope the knowledge and experience here can help me solve.

#2 72psb

72psb
  • Members
    • Member ID: 68,747
  • 793 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:27 AM

Welcome aboard.Ask away.

#3 Bob Hudson

Bob Hudson

Forum Co-Founder (Ret)

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 2
  • 25,447 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:55 AM

Welcome.

See if this link shows anything new: site:usmilitariaforum.com CCC

#4 Tony V

Tony V
  • Members
    • Member ID: 4,932
  • 865 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 03:14 PM

Welcome aboard, enjoy.

Tony

#5 cccranger

cccranger
  • Recruits
    • Member ID: 175,483
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 05:16 PM

Thanks, friends. I read the forums pretty carefully and digested all the CCC posts before joining. They gave me a huge leg up. Could you suggest the best forum to post questions about interwar stuff? For example... We all know the Type 1 service shoe. But shoes of that general pattern clearly predate the M1937 uniform revisions. So when does the oldest ancestor ancestor of the Type 1, withnits distinctive upper, appear? That's an example of what I still need help to run down. WWI guys tend to wrap up with the occupation around 1920 and WWII material starts around M1937 and I end up in the gap in the middle. Where should I post?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users