Greetings and thanks

cccranger

Hello forum members. I am a Park Ranger interested in interpreting the Civilian Conservation Corps. The amazing threads here and the deep research of members like world war 1 nerd have already been a huge help to me in identifying and understanding the clothing issued by the QC to the CCC. Despite all the amazing work here, I find there are still mysteries about CCC issued garments and shoes and military clothing in general between 1918 and 1938 that I hope the knowledge and experience here can help me solve.

Thanks, friends. I read the forums pretty carefully and digested all the CCC posts before joining. They gave me a huge leg up. Could you suggest the best forum to post questions about interwar stuff? For example... We all know the Type 1 service shoe. But shoes of that general pattern clearly predate the M1937 uniform revisions. So when does the oldest ancestor ancestor of the Type 1, withnits distinctive upper, appear? That's an example of what I still need help to run down. WWI guys tend to wrap up with the occupation around 1920 and WWII material starts around M1937 and I end up in the gap in the middle. Where should I post?