Small USAF grouping

DutchInfid3l

DutchInfid3l

Sending out for NPRC as we speak. This one came with the photograph and 15th AF patch.

The name tag I had gotten from another auction a few months ago but was surprised to run across this photograph after browsing...

The seller said they had had more items but they had been sold previously... though they said they did know that he was in the 343rd Bombardment Sq. 98th Bomb Wing Group. Hopefully I can find more information supporting that.

scan0026-2.jpg

005-11.jpg

003-10.jpg

004-11.jpg

• 2 months later...
What year is this photo? Interesting to see that Army style arm patch still in use.

Also unusual to see a variant with a red border?

Sabrejet

DutchInfid3l
What year is this photo? Interesting to see that Army style arm patch still in use.

No idea. Nothing written on back.

BigJohn#3RD

Still looks very cool and it is always good to get a picture of the Veteran. Good find and good luck in your research.

Regards

John

• 3 weeks later...
DutchInfid3l

I've never received an assignments/training information page that complete before.

Although they've "blacked out" a lot of info, I can still read or at least make out what is under it.

Could you please tell me how you got your information. Is this what you get from the

Freedom of Information Act?

Thanks,

Dick

DutchInfid3l

Yeah, all I do is print out the SF-180 I check "DD Form 214 or equivalent." I've done deleted and undeleted. "All Documents in Official Military Personnel File" under CHECK THE ITEM(S) YOU WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST A COPY OF: Under "Other" I usually put "Any and all training/assignments and promotions via the FOIA" and on the PURPOSE and REQUESTER "other" blanks I put Military Historian.

Sometimes you just get the main page but every once in awhile you get more.

...What year is this photo? Interesting to see that Army style arm patch still in use...

Glasneck's form 20 indicates that he was a corporal from 1 Sep 49 to 19 Jun 50. That's when his picture was taken. He was assigned to 343rd Bombardment Squadron, 98th Bombardment Group, which was under the command of 15th Air Force at that time. Corp. Glasneck's 15th AF SSI is worn in keeping with USAF directives of 1949/50 (except for the red-braid enhancement).