2010 Battle of the Bulge commemoration

Laurent M.

Chunky Monkey
Not only VWs but any kind of german vehicles captured with american white stars swiftly painted. I will try to post pictures later. And the german did the same with US vehicles.

Makes sense. Thats why I'm here to learn and enjoy all this history and knowledge, keep em coming!! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
El Bibliotecario
Thanks for sharing!

Did we use VW's? Did not know that!

Here's a photo of a late friend sitting on the hood of a VW in the spring of 1945. He said he and his buddies told the VW's previous owners to hand over their weapons and go home--but that they had to walk. This particular VW's service was limited mainly to joyriding. My friend said he was impressed with its frugal fuel consumption.

I'm curious about the M4 pictured at Bastogne--is it a runner, or a display piece? The reason I ask is that 40+ years ago I visited Bastagone, and recall a display M4 parked in the town square. As I recall, it had a welded rather than a cast hull, but its been so long I could well be wrong. What I do remember clearly was the big hole in its tail where a shell had hit it--which is no doubt why it was a display piece.

post-2215-1293135110.jpg