Damien Lewis/ Major Winters in 1:6

Sabrejet

This is a pretty awesome piece of miniature sculpting. To get such a facial resemblance in this scale requires exceptional skill. The detailed uniforms and kit are noteworthy too. They did characters form "SPR"...now it's the turn of "BoB"!

http://www.modellersloft.co.uk/itemlist2d.ihtml?dept=740

Sabrejet

Hi Rob. Thanks for adding the pic! They also did a pretty good job Messrs Hanks and Cruise in their "SPR" and "Valkyrie" roles too, but this Lewis one has to be the best yet!

Ian :thumbsup:

I'm impressed.

This is modeling on a grand scale. Everything is done to scale and perfection.

The real stuff never looked that good.

He even needs a shave !! ;)

WOW! I’m not into the 1/6 scale stuff all that much (other than having a few lose figures around, lots of WW2 collectors seem to have one or two) but I’m very impressed. The cost for this figure is around $120 US at this time. I checked out the website and saw the Tom Hanks one, which is equally astounding.

Not to take away from the fantastic head sculpts but I just dont know if I can buy into these looking that great in the box. I'm sure that is the artists final sculpt they use just like the food on a menu never comes out looking that great. I've got a few loose Dragon and BBI figures and the "skin" is never this translucent. Sculpey or Super Sculpey will give this effect when your done working with it.

If they really do look that good then I can justify that price but that's a whole lot of patches or a nice helmet instead for that kind of money.

post-2582-1290524730.jpg

I do tend to agree in the sense that, I'm into 1/6th myself but hand-made customs. DID is an awesome branding, that's given. However since they've switched to this new skin technology stuff, I haven't actually bought a figure from them so cannot comment on their in-hand quality.

Reports have been good though, or so I've heard. I think they're pretty spot on.

The problem with these head-sculpts, terrific though they are, is the moulded hair. It looks fine without any headgear. However, being solid, it tends to make the helmets ride somewhat high. They've dabbled with "nylon" hair in the past but, though it lay flatter on the head, it actually looked less convincing than the moulded hair. I suppose the solution would be to sculpt shorter haircuts?!

Sabrejet

It's a real catch 22. It's the most cost effective way for them to do it. I have a Heath Ledger Joker custom head that is cast in silicone and has real punched in hair, but that cost more than a grand and not enough people would buy them. Of course, it actually looks like the shrunken down character in every single way, but they have to compromise realism for cost. Sculpted hair bugs a lot of people but if done right, I don't mind it at all