Any Carrier modelers here?

Art

I kinda jump all around in my modeling. Keeps me from getting bored or getting in a rut. But probably keeps me from getting real good at any particular area too!!

I build 1/35 Armor & like to put them in a small vignette or diorama type setting.

1/72 aircraft, anything US.

a few 1/72 Naval: German U-Boat, PT Boat, German S-Boat (& I have a Gato sub to build soon). They take up too much room though.

Currently finishing a 1/350 USS Saratoga CV-3. Just about finished, building a few more bi-planes for the deck.

And in the works is a 1/350 Desert Storm USS Roosevelt with a deck full of stuff. I build a plane or two while working on other stuff, so maybe one day I'll have the whole Air Wing 8 for it. Haven't started the ship itself yet. I have gotten lots of patches for the ship & the various air squadrons on board to make a display to go along with the ship.

1/350 ships is probably my biggest thrill though.

Kinda forgot that the main reason I posted this was to ask for suggestions on lighting the hanger of the 1/350 USS Roosevelt. I want to, but not sure how to go about it.

I don't have the talent or patience to build something as large as a carrier! :lol:

I am in awe of the work of others. I would love to see pictures of your models...Kat

The Meatcan

Art - have you tried the Model Shipwrights forums for lighting ideas? Lots of stuff on that site. There's got to be a way to do your lighting work with grain of wheat bulbs or fiber optics. Check it out if you haven't already:

http://modelshipwrights.kitmaker.net/

Please consider posting any photos you have of finished, or even in progress work, of your models! I bet there are a lot of us here who would love to see your work. It would be cool to see some naval kits on the forum.

good luck with the Roosevelt project!

Terry

LED's and fiber optics are the way to go... anything that generates too much heat could melt the plastic of left on too long... LEDs burn cooler as a source and are more readily adaptable to fiber optic routing to where you need the light...

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...

Heres a couple photos of some of the airwing I've built for my 1/350 USS Roosevelt project. These little things are nerve wracking.

• 2 weeks later...

Not 1:350 but a carrier model for sure. Saw this one at a show some months ago. Unfortunately I have had no time to get more informations. I can't even tell the name of the ship...

Car3.jpg