"WW2 Lost Films"....History Channel UK

Sabrejet

Ian,

There was a series I remember watching on the History Channel called "The Lost Files of WWII" or something like that. I loved it. I wonder if I am remembering the title incorrectly and it was "Lost Films". One episode had aerial photographs of D-Day. Someone else may remember it too.

Thanks...Kat

Ian,

There was a series I remember watching on the History Channel called "The Lost Files of WWII" or something like that. I loved it. I wonder if I am remembering the title incorrectly and it was "Lost Films". One episode had aerial photographs of D-Day. Someone else may remember it too.

Thanks...Kat

Hi Kat. Did you click on the link above? That'll take you right to it and maybe jog your memory? (BTW..I watched patrs 1&2 of "The Pacific" last night. Looked fine to me!)

Ian :thumbsup:

Hi Kat. Did you click on the link above? That'll take you right to it and maybe jog your memory? (BTW..I watched patrs 1&2 of "The Pacific" last night. Looked fine to me!)

Ian,

It won't let me at work. I will check it tonight from home. Glad you liked "The Pacific"! :thumbsup:

...Kat

Ian,

It won't let me at work. I will check it tonight from home. Glad you liked "The Pacific"! :thumbsup:

...Kat

Hi Kat...no Facebook, YouTube or Twitter either, I'll wager!!?

Ian :lol:

It seems it's the same series that aired in the U.S. as 'W.W.2 in HD', the episode listings, trailers and even DVD box artwork seem to be the same, just under a different title. That's outstanding as coicidentally I'd literally just come across the U.S. version and had been watching the trailers this evening, happy days! :thumbsup: Some of the footage shown so far of the Pacific campaign looks amazing, better quality infact than Spielbergs 'The Pacific' so I'm not feeling quite so unhappy about deciding not to pay £16 extra a month for Sky Movies!

It seems it's the same series that aired in the U.S. as 'W.W.2 in HD', the episode listings, trailers and even DVD box artwork seem to be the same, just under a different title. That's outstanding as coicidentally I'd literally just come across the U.S. version and had been watching the trailers this evening, happy days! :thumbsup: Some of the footage shown so far of the Pacific campaign looks amazing, better quality infact than Spielbergs 'The Pacific' so I'm not feeling quite so unhappy about deciding not to pay £16 extra a month for Sky Movies!

Hello Jon. Is that so? If, as you suggest, it's been re-titled, that possibly explains why I failed to find refernces to "WW2 in HD" on the UK website?! I thought I'd missed out on it, but apparently not?

Hi Ian, I found the same thing, got nothing searching the U.S. title on U.K. Amazon, then the penny finally dropped. The History channel seems to have a habit of changing titles when they bring programmes over from the U.S.. The episode listings seem to be exactly the same though, as is most of the footage used in the U.S. and U.K. trailers. Some of it is brilliant quality, especially compared to the good old days of grainy, recycled images on a worn out V.H.S.! I used to think the whole 'H.D.' thing was just a crock marketing ploy but if the clips I've seen are anything to go by then I'm genuinely stunned by what modern digitial trickery can do to clean up period footage, I'm really looking forward to this series and the D.V.D. is now on pre-order :thumbsup: I was especially happy (not the right word I know as some of it was fairly graphic) to see colour footage of the U.S. landings on Kwajalein Atoll which answered a few questions I'd had at the back of my mind for a while. In the past documentaries using mainly or only colour period film seem to have been a bit hit and miss as they seem dependent on the limited amount of it that exists and can get pretty selective with the areas they cover, this series doesn't seem to be a huge departure from that but it certainly looks like it's going to be well worth watching.

Hi Ian, I found the same thing, got nothing searching the U.S. title on U.K. Amazon, then the penny finally dropped. The History channel seems to have a habit of changing titles when they bring programmes over from the U.S.. The episode listings seem to be exactly the same though, as is most of the footage used in the U.S. and U.K. trailers. Some of it is brilliant quality, especially compared to the good old days of grainy, recycled images on a worn out V.H.S.! I used to think the whole 'H.D.' thing was just a crock marketing ploy but if the clips I've seen are anything to go by then I'm genuinely stunned by what modern digitial trickery can do to clean up period footage, I'm really looking forward to this series and the D.V.D. is now on pre-order :thumbsup: I was especially happy (not the right word I know as some of it was fairly graphic) to see colour footage of the U.S. landings on Kwajalein Atoll which answered a few questions I'd had at the back of my mind for a while. In the past documentaries using mainly or only colour period film seem to have been a bit hit and miss as they seem dependent on the limited amount of it that exists and can get pretty selective with the areas they cover, this series doesn't seem to be a huge departure from that but it certainly looks like it's going to be well worth watching.

Hi Jon. Sounds unmissable to me! Think I'll seek out the dvd on Amazon too. So what specific title should I enter in the search box? Thanks.

Hi Jon. Sounds unmissable to me! Think I'll seek out the dvd on Amazon too. So what specific title should I enter in the search box? Thanks.

Hi Ian, it's listed as 'World War 2: Lost Films (WWII in HD) [DVD]', link below should hopefully take you straight to it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/World-War-Lost-Fil...mp;sr=8-1-fkmr0

Cheers, Jon.