ebay WWII medical win

DocRick

Just picked this up from ebay for a paltry sum of 5 bucks. Seems the seller didn't list it under the normal headings and no one else saw it. Their loss, my gain :rolleyes: A WWII Navy Medical pins, scissors and dressing forceps case. I've seen these go a lot, I mean A LOT higher and have lost every time I bid before.

post-4556-1267469609.jpg

post-4556-1267469619.jpg

Just picked this up from ebay for a paltry sum of 5 bucks. Seems the seller didn't list it under the normal headings and no one else saw it. Their loss, my gain :rolleyes: A WWII Navy Medical pins, scissors and dressing forceps case. I've seen these go a lot, I mean A LOT higher and have lost every time I bid before.

Nice Doc, this is my one

post-370-1267471599.jpgpost-370-1267471623.jpg

Cheers

Martyn

Yes, I had to search the site to find out how to stock it and saw yours in the reference section. Your's is a little better shape, mine's a little faded but no rips, tears or mutilations. I added it to my S14 Corpsmans pouch to the web and snap between the upper and lower sets of pockets. Fits perfectly and I saw a picture of it in the Grunt Gear book. Here's the pic from the book showing my version of the pouch with the case strapped in the center.

post-4556-1267474780.jpg

Yes, I had to search the site to find out how to stock it and saw yours in the reference section. Your's is a little better shape, mine's a little faded but no rips, tears or mutilations. I added it to my S14 Corpsmans pouch to the web and snap between the upper and lower sets of pockets. Fits perfectly and I saw a picture of it in the Grunt Gear book. Here's the pic from the book showing my version of the pouch with the case strapped in the center.

My S14 has the pockets arranged slightly differently, I have a pocket which holds tourniquets in the same position you have put your "Case, Pins, Scissors and Dressing Forceps".

Here is my OD7 "Case, Pins, Scissors and Dressing Forceps"

post-370-1267484284.jpg

Corpsmancollector

Nice pic up Doc! I've see them sell for more than $5! Mine is in a similar condition to yours, not as minty as Martyn's! I don't have the space on my S14, as mine is identical o the set up Martyn mentioned.

Hope you're good fellas :)

Will

Someone call the cops, this kit was stolen! At least for that price, it was almost like stealing it. ;) Congrats on a great grab!

Someone call the cops, this kit was stolen! At least for that price, it was almost like stealing it. ;) Congrats on a great grab!

You called ? I'm here already. How may I help you? :lol:

Actually, this shows that it pays to look under more obscure headings and sometimes you find things that would go for a much higher price under a different heading. For example, my S14 sold for 26 bucks as it was listed under "First Aid" rather than "medic" or "corpsman" or "paramarine". I know now (had no idea at the time) that under one of the other three headings, it may have gone for up to a grand. Pays to stay up late at night and wander thru ebay sometimes. This item was listed under "Navy Doctor's Case" so it didn't pop up in the "normal" medical gear headings.