USAF Sateen Uniform

DutchInfid3l

A USAF uniform set, Sateen has an interesting nametag/job title stenciled on canvas. No tag inside shirt. Buttons are covered by a strip of material and cuff buttons much like the BDU style.

nanda001.jpg

nanda002.jpg

Outline of another canvas tape on other side. Has button missing on chest but on closer look it was taken off and covered with a very large patch, back has outline and you can kinda see it on the front.

nanda004.jpg

nanda003.jpg

Pants have tag, it's a 4 button up fly, two large back pockets and large hand pockets, also have an accessory pocket on each side of leg, shaped like a tool or knife pocket.

nanda005.jpg

nanda006.jpg

any idea as to the year this was worn, later than the black star buttons right? 1502 FLMS (Flight line maintenance squadron?)

Thanks guys!

Nice find! It's the 1502nd Flight Line Maintenance Squadron from Hickam AFB Hawaii, probably early 1960's. The parent unit was the 1502nd Air Transport Wing whose patch looks to be the one removed. And that's a shame - it's scarce.

~Will

...It's the 1502nd Flight Line Maintenance Squadron from Hickam AFB Hawaii, probably early 1960's....

Good call, Steindaddie. SSgt Brent Brachman was assigned to 1502nd FLMS at Hickam AFB from 1958 to 1961 (link here and scroll down).

Would anyone happen to have a picture of the 1502nd ATW patch? I've tried to see if I could find one to see what it looks like and so far no luck... though I did find on this website:

08/11/07

I happened to stumble across your website while searching for WW2 photos of Hickam. I really enjoyed your website. I was stationed at Hickam from Feb 1958 to Feb 1961 as a member of the 1502nd Flightline Maintenance Sqd., as a recip. engine mechanic on 97's, 121's, 118's, and 124's. The gentleman who returnned after many years had me laughing with his comments about the base. I returnned in June 2002 with my wife, and also with a mindset of '58-'61 in wanting to show her Hickam. It was a very big mistake. I wrote the base commander explaining who I was and wanting to get back on the base. They assigned us a 27 year old Capt. whose heart was certainly not into being a tour guide. The only thing familiar at the main gates was the curved white wall !. Everyone had a sidearm on, I was not allowed to take any pictures. When I mentioned Area 61 where our wooden barracks were, he had no idea what I was talking about. The northern half of the flightline is gone, now base housing. The old terminal is gone. 2 golf courses, cement barracks, enlisted mans club, a BX the size of a Sears, restaurants, gyms, library and on and on. A friend of mine who had been there just before we were there said "they took our airbase and made it into a country club". The base appears to have been expanded. I dont know where your barracks were but ours is long gone. Going back after 40+ years was sure an eye opener,. I liked it better when I was there. I'm a WW2 buff and Hickam and Pearl Harbor sure fit in. Our old squadron is having our 1st reunion in late Sept. in Branson, MO. Thank you for letting me take up some of your time. Continue the great work.

Brent Bachman