Hi From Australia

100Beck

Looking forward to doing a little amateur researching on the Pacific war WW2 , specifically the USMC campaigns ( after all you guys did save our rump down here down under).

I just bought this book hope it's a good reference for uniforms and equipment , anyway looking forward to being here.

s-l1600.jpeg

Hookemhorns88

Welcome to the Forum.  A lot of good info here.

Where are you located in Australia?

I was in Singleton, NSW during the 50th Anniversary of VJ Day back in 1994 on business.  The military base near Singleton had an open house where they did some reenactments.  It was nicely done.

Most recently I was in Brisbane where I was able to catch the ANZAC Day Parade back in April.  Too bad it rained off and on during the parade.  I also came across a nice little shop that has some militaria in Mackay.  Also picked up a WW2 helmet in Newcastle a few years back.

I am looking toward my next trip Down Under.

Again, welcome aboard.

On 12/25/2023 at 1:51 AM, Hookemhorns88 said:

Welcome to the Forum.  A lot of good info here.

Where are you located in Australia?

I was in Singleton, NSW during the 50th Anniversary of VJ Day back in 1994 on business.  The military base near Singleton had an open house where they did some reenactments.  It was nicely done.

Most recently I was in Brisbane where I was able to catch the ANZAC Day Parade back in April.  Too bad it rained off and on during the parade.  I also came across a nice little shop that has some militaria in Mackay.  Also picked up a WW2 helmet in Newcastle a few years back.

I am looking toward my next trip Down Under.

Again, welcome aboard.

I'm in Brisbane, My oldest son went through the School of infantry at Singleton back in 2015 , I went down there to see him march out, was pretty exciting.

Sometimes I go to see the Parade on Anzac Day , some years seem better than others , no doubt the rain would have spoiled it a little.

I haven't traveled to the Uniited States yet , it is on my 'to do' list and hope to go 2025

Thank you for the welcome