100th / 78th Division Ike w/ combat leader stripes

JasonT

This Ike jacket just sold yesterday on Ebay for $462. The jacket was ID'd and it came with three unit histories that may be worth $50/each or a little more. However, even with that taken into account, I was a bit surprised at the final price. If you take away the books, you are looking at probably around $300 for the Ike. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful jacket, but I guess my question would be - does the combat leader stripes really add that much value to an ID'd Ike? Or is that the going rate these days is up for ID'd Ikes?

s-l1600.jpg.9543fa0b38e84a3d5027ab4fb7499d41.jpg

s-l1600(1).jpg.f5171893908bf46a7771d16d53ce4dce.jpg

s-l1600(2).jpg.38b20881c8a3819a898ec2bdfb1bd088.jpg

Timberwolf
13 hours ago, jguy1986 said:

$300 is about the going rate for complete, ID'ed infantry division Ikes these days.

Agreed, and for what came with that set I think it was a fair price.

postmanusnac

The Fox Company book isn’t that common and I’d dare say rare.  The other two you could argue about being $50 each, but I’ve seen them sell for closer to $100.  Fox company could easily be in the $100-200 range on its own.

15 hours ago, jguy1986 said:

$300 is about the going rate for complete, ID'ed infantry division Ikes these days.

1 hour ago, postmanusnac said:

The Fox Company book isn’t that common and I’d dare say rare.  The other two you could argue about being $50 each, but I’ve seen them sell for closer to $100.  Fox company could easily be in the $100-200 range on its own.

Thanks, it's been a couple years since I've added one to my collection, but good to know going forward

1 hour ago, postmanusnac said:

thanks! The Division and Yearbook books are fairly common. I last saw the Fox Company book sell for $50 but that may have been an anomaly since it doesn't show up that often.

historylives

the nice thing about this jacket is he was a leader as the green stripe specifies. 

postmanusnac
4 hours ago, JasonT said:

thanks! The Division and Yearbook books are fairly common. I last saw the Fox Company book sell for $50 but that may have been an anomaly since it doesn't show up that often.

I would happily pay $50 for it as I collect unit histories.  I’ll likely never be the lucky.

It looks like the person who won this group also won the 75th from the same seller.  Either a reseller who saw money to be made or big money spender who didn’t care how much he paid.

Armed 2 tha Teeth

I was the second highest bidder. Initially I was going to go higher but I have copies of all of the books, and everyone of them was/is available for free as a pdf. I was surprised it went for so much.