Pilot of P47D Thunderbolt crashed in San Benedetto Po

Stefano Piccagli

Stefano Piccagli

Hello, 

My name is Stefano Piccagli, I live in northern Italy. 

I made some investigation about a P47D Thunderbolt that crashed in my family farmland on 04/22/1945 and I'm confident that the pilot was one of the following two:  

2nd Lt. Charles Richmond Perryman, 345th fighter squadron , 350th fighter group, Macr-14062.
44-33099

F/O Royce L. McCleskey 345th fighter squadron , 350th fighter group, Macr-14063,
44-33553

I found some parts of the plane and some pilot belongings that I would like to return to family.

I was able to find One of the Browning cal.05 M2 machine guns installed on the P47D. Hopefully from the gun serial number and pilot's MACR I should have been able to identify with no doubt the aircraft.

Unfortunately I realized that none of the Brownings installed in either Perryman and McCleskey P47D had the serial Number of mine (SN 1664763).

Can anybody help me out to link the serial Number to the proper P47D Thunderbolt? 

Thank you

Stefano 

IMG20230430191915.jpg

IMG20230430191906.jpg

IMG20230430162241.jpg

BigJohn#3RD

Stefano

Welcome to this forum. WOW, that is some find you have on your family's property. It looks like you have a lot of information about the two pilots. Here is a link to 2LT Charles Richmond Perryman's Find a Grave posting. I will check to dig a little deeper to see if any other relatives may be alive.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/34961286/charles-richmond-perryman/photo

Thank you for bringing your find to this forum. Best regards, John

On 5/2/2023 at 7:41 PM, BigJohn#3RD said:

Stefano

Welcome to this forum. WOW, that is some find you have on your family's property. It looks like you have a lot of information about the two pilots. Here is a link to 2LT Charles Richmond Perryman's Find a Grave posting. I will check to dig a little deeper to see if any other relatives may be alive.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/34961286/charles-richmond-perryman/photo

Thank you for bringing your find to this forum. Best regards, John

There is a way to contact someone in the Perryman family I looked on ancestry, the problem is, is he mentions the SN doesn't match 2Lt plane. Somehow someone with the know would have to be able to search the SN for the plane/airmen who were in the plane when it was downed.