Ww2 paratrooper boots info

ardennes44

The boots in the link are commercial not Army issue (the Army doesn't stamp Pair-A-Trooper on the outside). As for them being from WWII is anybody's guess, some research into the maker may date them. The Cat's Paw soles I am pretty sure were around during WWII and well after also. Your friends boots could be WWII made and resoled after the war, if the boots are unused and have the original soles they are probably commercial. A picture of the boots in question would help. 

1 minute ago, QED4 said:

The boots in the link are commercial not Army issue (the Army doesn't stamp Pair-A-Trooper on the outside). As for them being from WWII is anybody's guess, some research into the maker may date them. The Cat's Paw soles I am pretty sure were around during WWII and well after also. Your friends boots could be WWII made and resoled after the war, if the boots are unused and have the original soles they are probably commercial. A picture of the boots in question would help. 

Thanks I will take some pictures , on the next week when I’ll visiting him 

• 3 weeks later...
frank2far

I use to own two identical pair. One with the original box. I will try to find the history of Georgia Boots Mfg Co. in my old notes. Unfortunately I sold both pair a few years ago. To my recollection, GBMC was operational during WWII and supplied boots to the US Military. They also made a similar run of boots post WW2 and that is where the confusion comes in. Same boot specifications, same material. My boots had a contract number on the inside of portion of the very top. It was in silver leaf.  Here my old photos.

DSC_9787.JPG

DSC_9788.JPG

DSC_9790.JPG

DSC_9792.JPG

DSC_9796.JPG

DSC_9797.JPG

DSC_9802.JPG

DSC_9783.JPG

DSC_9784.JPG

DSC_9786.JPG