1958 CWU 1/P Flight suit Medium Long

Boy Howdy

I found this yesterday at a thrift store in Connecticut. Up visiting my sister for her birthday tomorrow.

Would this type have been used in Vietnam at all or was it too heavy?

It appears to be in mint condition.

I thought it was interesting that it has a hood inside the collar like a M-65 field jacket.

It does have the obligatory pen cap in one of the holders on the sleeve.

Thanks. BH.

16603068079071330368855504525477.jpg

16603068293925368718482407272848.jpg

phantomfixer

used quite a bit here at Dover AFB...find them all the time...MAC crews for sure used them back in the 60s and early 70s, I have seen pics of BUFF guys wearing them too...

arctic/cold weather issue...

it looks like yours has the star on the shoulder, an earlier issue suit and more desirable... 

Must have been a fold or shadow.

The shoulder is blank 

Had me second guessing myself there for a minute phantomfixer.

16603363460392432848358769622246.jpg

15 minutes ago, phantomfixer said:

used quite a bit here at Dover AFB...find them all the time...MAC crews for sure used them back in the 60s and early 70s, I have seen pics of BUFF guys wearing them too...

arctic/cold weather issue...

it looks like yours has the star on the shoulder, an earlier issue suit and more desirable... 

Not too keen on the older labels and older contracts, but I think that one might be from a Army contract so probably lacked the AF star n meatball logo.

phantomfixer

I thought all CWU-1s were USAF contract(?)this one is marked USAF on the tag ,, on my phone it looked like a star on the shoulder 

4 hours ago, phantomfixer said:

I thought all CWU-1s were USAF contract(?)this one is marked USAF on the tag ,, on my phone it looked like a star on the shoulder 

The USAF is the branch in change of CWU-1s and were a USAF specification as noted on the tag.  The contract number looks like it starts with DA which Ive seen on some Army contracts.   Also have seen some LPU-2P life preservers that had USN contracts.