WPG 1911 holster

iron bender

iron bender

Holy cow! I'm a gear junkie and really appreciate an excellent reproduction. ATF is my go to for absolute top notch stuff, but I stepped out on a limb (due to WPG's own review of their own holster) and purchased this 1911 holster from Jerry Lee. I'll say it would be next to impossible to top this holster. All construction including materials, sewing, correct assembly, correct hardware, just wow! This will last the way an original has lasted through today. After a few hunting trips this thing will be indistinguishable from original, but for the marking clearly indicating manufacture by WPG. Otherwise it's marked RIA 1916. These holsters ship in the natural as an original would, and do require wet fit; but once complete, a 1911/a1 fits like a glove with zero rattle and a nice snug flap fit. I did a complete soaking in water, heavily oil coated pistol, dry in the sun for a few hours, followed by a coat of saddle soap. The pistol drops in like it was part of the construction. I couldn't be more impressed. Buy with confidence. Take care, IB

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5519.jpg

IMG_5520.jpg

IMG_5521.jpg

IMG_5522.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Vanderbilt

......participate in both NCOWS (cowboy) and GAF (1866-1916 military) shoots. Using a lot of WPG items, the stuff is not only correct for the most part but functional as well. I've had to repair one item I received from WPG and it was advertised as a second and bought at a discount. I recently purchased one of their 1904 holsters for my Colt DA 1901. It too, needed to be soaked and fitted. It has yet to see use at a shoot. 

IMG_20220515_104516.jpg

• 4 months later...

...follow up. Just recently got the WPG holster, mag pouch and belt frog. To support my repop 1911. Did require wetting and fitting the pistol to the holster.

20220901_101232.jpg

20220902_094600.jpg

20220910_210026.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Agreed on the WPG M1916 holster

someone in our military vehicle club found life-sized cheesy plastic M1911 a few years ago for like $10

put it into a soaked holster, perfectly formed & guilt free... I'm not putting my 1915, 1918, or 1943 M1911 into a water soaked chunk of leather!

• 7 months later...
On 3/28/2023 at 10:32 PM, alpino said:

Agreed on the WPG M1916 holster

someone in our military vehicle club found life-sized cheesy plastic M1911 a few years ago for like $10

put it into a soaked holster, perfectly formed & guilt free... I'm not putting my 1915, 1918, or 1943 M1911 into a water soaked chunk of leather!

....I at one time felt the same way.....but to properly stretch a holster, it's necessary. You don't put the bare pistol into a soaked holster...holsters, at least all of mine came in a heavy plastic bag. You wrap the pistol in that bag, then work it gingerly into your soaked holster. Then leave it in the holster until it drys, usually takes about a day depending on how dry the air is. I was hesitant to do it at first but I've done 3 or 4 holsters, you'll be fine. If you're really nervous, use a quart size storage bag inside the other bag, maybe rub the pistol down with oil as well.