1970s Merrowed Edge 93rd Infantry Division Patch

patches

Since we can't find the 93rd Infantry Division Patch Reference topic (Was it Deleted???) So Lets post this here.

A 1970s made one we should think. and this for a division that was inactivated in early 1946, not sure why it was made, perhaps just because it was on the books of army patches???

93rd.jpg

93rdy.jpg

• 2 years later...
greendevilsix

I worked at the Officer’s Club on Fort Eustis in the late 70’s - early 80’s.  We did various functions and one such occasion there was a Lieutenant General who wore the 93rd Infantry Division on his right shoulder of his Class A uniform.   I made it a point to speak with him on one of their breaks.  He was surprised I knew about the division and a bit of their history.  We spoke for a few moments shook hands and he was back in his meeting.  It was long ago and I can not recall his name but, do remember him a good guy.  

patches
14 hours ago, greendevilsix said:

I worked at the Officer’s Club on Fort Eustis in the late 70’s - early 80’s.  We did various functions and one such occasion there was a Lieutenant General who wore the 93rd Infantry Division on his right shoulder of his Class A uniform.   I made it a point to speak with him on one of their breaks.  He was surprised I knew about the division and a bit of their history.  We spoke for a few moments shook hands and he was back in his meeting.  It was long ago and I can not recall his name but, do remember him a good guy.  

Was this him?

Lt_Gen_Julius_W._Becton_Jr.jpeg

patches
12 hours ago, greendevilsix said:

Yes, that was him.

Julius W. Becton Jr. passed a few months ago, age 97.

• 2 weeks later...
rtd_sf_eng

It is not surprising to see WWII or KW units with merrowed or subdued patches being made by the veterans who could no longer find their war time patches during the VN War.  I've met guys who served with the USAAF's Far East Command and had to find embroidered shops to make the patches either in color or subdued for their uniforms.  Before I had to reduced my collection, I had a number of the FEC patches in my collection, both color and subdued.  However, in my collection I have a subdued, made on twill, SSI from the SWCARF or 7th Aviation Engineer Command, which I have posted here.  I must also indicate that not all WWII or KW veterans wore their war-time patches in subdued but color on their dress uniform.  My dad was a 44th ID veteran and wore the patch on his dress uniform and duty uniform.  As far as I can remember, when the subdued patches came out he did not have any subdued 44th on his duty unform but just the color ones on his Class A.  In 1972, I was assigned to Co C, 10th SFGA, we had a new Co SGM.  When came out to address the company, the first thing I noticed was his patch on the right shoulder, one that I had not seen at all.  After formation, I went to him and asked about it.  He told me that it was the United Nations Partisan Forces, Korea.  I asked if he had any extra ones and the following day after formation, he handed me one.  Unfortunately, I sold it, along with other similar patches, after marring into a family.

Additionally, after being assigned to the 7th in 1967 after graduating from Training Group, I did see several guys with the WWII ranger scrolls (both E8s)   and did hear that at least two were from the 1st SSF at Bragg.  It would be interesting if these guy had their patches made in subdued or not.  

E-SCARWAF, G-3-F.jpg

E-SCARWAF, G-3-R.jpg

JerseyDevil117
21 hours ago, rtd_sf_eng said:

It is not surprising to see WWII or KW units with merrowed or subdued patches being made by the veterans who could no longer find their war time patches during the VN War.  I've met guys who served with the USAAF's Far East Command and had to find embroidered shops to make the patches either in color or subdued for their uniforms.  Before I had to reduced my collection, I had a number of the FEC patches in my collection, both color and subdued.  However, in my collection I have a subdued, made on twill, SSI from the SWCARF or 7th Aviation Engineer Command, which I have posted here.  I must also indicate that not all WWII or KW veterans wore their war-time patches in subdued but color on their dress uniform.  My dad was a 44th ID veteran and wore the patch on his dress uniform and duty uniform.  As far as I can remember, when the subdued patches came out he did not have any subdued 44th on his duty unform but just the color ones on his Class A.  In 1972, I was assigned to Co C, 10th SFGA, we had a new Co SGM.  When came out to address the company, the first thing I noticed was his patch on the right shoulder, one that I had not seen at all.  After formation, I went to him and asked about it.  He told me that it was the United Nations Partisan Forces, Korea.  I asked if he had any extra ones and the following day after formation, he handed me one.  Unfortunately, I sold it, along with other similar patches, after marring into a family.

Additionally, after being assigned to the 7th in 1967 after graduating from Training Group, I did see several guys with the WWII ranger scrolls (both E8s)   and did hear that at least two were from the 1st SSF at Bragg.  It would be interesting if these guy had their patches made in subdued or not.  

E-SCARWAF, G-3-F.jpg

E-SCARWAF, G-3-R.jpg

do you have pictures of the subdued UNPFK patch?