Morale patches, Afghanistan

Brian Keith

I bought these morale patches when I was deployed to FOB Salerno, 2012-13. As my deployment was winding down, so was the base. The on-site vendors were selling out their stock as the market was going to be closed down. So I bought a bunch of these. I can’t really say if these were made in Afghanistan, but I did buy them there in 2013. They all are hook and loop (Velcro) backed and came with a matching backing to sew on your clothes. There was an on-site tailor shop that had a computer generated sewing machine that made custom patches, but these did not come from that shop.

Thanks for looking.

BKW

Afg 1 001.jpg

Afg 2 001.jpg

Afg 3 001.jpg

Afg 4 001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
USMarineCorps

Very cool! Thank you for showing. Some of these are certainly Afghan made, whereas others are more atypical (there were in fact merrowed edge patches made in theater, but only a handful of shops could do these since they were done on different machines). They were often produced in Kabul and then sent to the smaller shops around the country. The Molson Air is especially cool. They were a Canadian company contracted to provide air transportation services to the troops: https://www.helicoptersmagazine.com/flying-molson-air-3071/

Thanks for your comments and additional information. Glad you liked seeing them! I flew a couple of times in country that wasn't US military, but honestly, I don't know who they actually were. A couple were on a small airplane and a couple on a French made helo that made regular flights between the FOB's. I had hoped to be able to ride in an ex-soviet helo, but didn't get the chance.

BKW

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brian

Hope ypu dont mind me adding these moral patches.

I have a few moral patches including several of your ones.

My intension on collecting these are that veterans from OEF and OIF  will remember the sarcasim and humour in moral patches.

Phill

Silence I Will Kill You  Moral patch Camp Bastion 2014-1.jpg

A-TEAM Moral patch KAF 2014-1.jpg

Embrace The Suck Wolverine Moral patch set-1.jpg

This is my Safety Moral patch-1.jpg

Tali-banned Cigar Aficionado Club Camp Moorehead-1.jpg

What The Fuck Moral Patch-1.jpg

No Money No Mission Moral Patch 2014 KAF-1.jpg