VB Rifle Grenade Launcher

GLCC74

• 1 month later...

I have been following this very interesting thread. I thought I would add the German version grenade cup launcher for the Gew98 for comparison as it looks very similar to the French version.

If the mods don't feel this should be posted here please delete.

Ken

DSC00234.JPG

DSC00235.JPG

DSC00240.JPG

DSC00242.JPG

• 3 months later...
Latewatch

I've been working on my US Military Rifle Grenade display for an upcoming show and thought I'd share a picture of the WWI section. Sorry for the poor quality but the lighting in this part of my basement is not great.

Berthier with a French VB Discharger

M1917 with a Mark IV Discharger

M1903 with a Mark III Discharger

VB Display Pic.jpg

1 minute ago, Latewatch said:

I've been working on my US Military Rifle Grenade display for an upcoming show and thought I'd share a picture of the WWI section. Sorry for the poor quality but the lighting in this part of my basement is not great.

Berthier with a French VB Discharger

M1917 with a Mark IV Discharger

M1903 with a Mark III Discharger

VB Display Pic.jpg

Great display!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

An interesting variation of the Model of 1917 rifle VB launcher was offered by IMA and was quickly sold. The way it mounted on the barrel seemed standard, but there was a spring style clasp that clipped over the top. How uncommon was this?

Regards,

Michael

ONJR23AJ036__02.jpg

ONJR23AJ036__08.jpg

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Flying Dutchman said:

From my collection: here is an original box for 30-06 VB-grenade launching cartridges

960.jpg

Fantastic. What's most interesting to me is the date of manufacturer -1922.  Year's after the war and during a period of scaling back on military expenditures.   

Good Day,

One of the more fascinating military oriented museums I've been to is the Virginia War Museum in Newport News.  It's not necessarily off the beaten path, but not well advertised.   I list it in my top 5 museums in the country. You'll easily spent 3-4 hours if you're moving quickly. 

On a recent visit, I noticed a display which highlighted the V-B grenade. A closeup picture revealed the remnants of red paint around the top.

Please add this museum to your "must see" stops if you're around Norflok.

Regards,

Michael 

20230714_154913.jpg

20230714_154843.jpg

• 3 months later...