Unknown WW1 Wing ?? Similar to Homrighous

LtDan

Hello,

Is this wing authentic?  If so, are there any ideas on who may have produced it?   It seems to have some similarities to an Eisenstadt wing or maybe Homrighous.    It seems to me that a maker would have added their mark to a wing such as this.

Thanks for any information.

Dan

s-l1600.jpg

back pic s-l1600.jpg

back s-l1600.jpg

cu s-l1600.jpg

On 7/20/2021 at 6:38 PM, blind pew said:

Why not a Homrighous wing?

I agree.   I have compared it to photos of Homrighous wings and both seem to have similar shaped wings.  The other thing I observed was the shape of the shield.  The top two corners are flat, not pointed, as most wings of other makers.   I think it is more like a Homrighous wing,  if it is authentic.  The center star is placed differently.....all others I have seen have the center star at the top.

Thanks for your comment,

Dan

rathbonemuseum.com

It's actually the Henry Clay Homrighous Co of Memphis TN. Some sleuthing by @cwnormauncovered that the 'c' is actually a poorly struck 'g'

3 hours ago, rathbonemuseum.com said:

It's actually the Henry Clay Homrighous Co of Memphis TN. Some sleuthing by @cwnormauncovered that the 'c' is actually a poorly struck 'g'

Thanks for the correction. Do you agree that it appears to be a Homrighous wing then?

rathbonemuseum.com

It shows a lot of the same manufacturing technique, engraving style and the unique hammered shoulders but I have not found one like this marked so can’t say for certain yet.

5 hours ago, rathbonemuseum.com said:

It shows a lot of the same manufacturing technique, engraving style and the unique hammered shoulders but I have not found one like this marked so can’t say for certain yet.

Thank you.  Maybe a marked one will surface one day soon.   Thanks for the link to World War One Weekly Wing #19.   I remember reading that a while back......my apologies for the incorrect spelling.  

Thanks,

Dan

rathbonemuseum.com

No apologies necessary @LtDan! You spelled it the way we all did based on what we saw from the die strike. It took Chris Norman to sleuth the details of the jeweler and connect the dots that corrected the spelling for all of us! 

If you look at the pinned posts at the top of WINGS section, I collected all of Chris' weekly posts in one thread as I am always looking back at them. Thought others might as well. Hope a hallmarked one shows up.

Cheers,

Tod

11 hours ago, rathbonemuseum.com said:

If you look at the pinned posts at the top of WINGS section, I collected all of Chris' weekly posts in one thread as I am always looking back at them. Thought others might as well. Hope a hallmarked one shows up.

Cheers,

Tod

Thanks much for collecting all of Chris' weekly posts in one location.    I had planned to go back and save some for quick reference, but putting them together in one location is most helpful.

Thanks,

Dan