155 not a training round but not live

Garandy

Nice. Looks like original inking, weight designation squares are punched, standard dummy fuze. Should have the projo casting lot number, " M" number ( HE) and date engraved just above the rotating band. 155mm do not have a big following, but are my favorites. I have a 1942 dated Long Tom HE w/ M78 CP fuze,  1980's Cluster shell complete w/ munitions ( cluster bomblets) and my favorite, a 1991 Nerve agent shell, with internals ( used to test the robotic machines in the demiiling/ scrapping process). image.jpeg.a4a081468cbcf0293df5669ee7cda65e.jpeg

You may know but will post for info. Correct if I am mistaken. The yellow inking on the exterior was applied when the shell was filled with explosives, ( lot number of filler), the lot number engraved just above the rotating band is the lot number of the projectile casting. The yellow squares are weight squares, when filled it was weighed and up to four dots were punched into the shell ( yellow squares were inked over the dots) indicating the weight deviation of a standard textbook round. This practice was necessary to insure it agreed with the ranging / bag charges used to propel it to stated chart ranges...thus less likelihood of short rounds.

It came empty of course with a carrying ring I still have and I think it’s nearer than a blue dummy 

21BD91A2-AA8A-4DC0-8A88-65C85BEF0303.jpeg