Jump to content

T-33 Ejection Seat Help Needed


Capt Fig
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've posted before - I'm restoring a T-33 ejection seat. For the variants that have a man-seat separator, does anyone know the nomenclature, manufacturer, part number or any other identification for the associated rotary actuator?

Seat18 actuator (1000-49?).jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I restored a T-33 seat rescued from the AMARC boneyard years ago.  I'm still looking for - and sometimes finding - parts for it to this day.  I cannot help with the nomenclature, but do see a rotary actuator for a bang seat here - https://www.flighthelmet.com/product/EJSP-1501.html.  Unfortunately, I don't think it is of the type you are looking for.  Sorry I couldn't be more help, but good luck with your restoration!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, opus5150 said:

I restored a T-33 seat rescued from the AMARC boneyard years ago.  I'm still looking for - and sometimes finding - parts for it to this day.  I cannot help with the nomenclature, but do see a rotary actuator for a bang seat here - https://www.flighthelmet.com/product/EJSP-1501.html.  Unfortunately, I don't think it is of the type you are looking for.  Sorry I couldn't be more help, but good luck with your restoration!

opus5150 -

 

Thanks so much for your input.  Yeah, I saw that one also but simply based on appearance it doesn't quite seem to be what I'm looking for.  I have a distant friend with a totally complete seat ( a seat used for training rescued from trash when our T-33 unit was being decommissioned) who will be getting me the number eventually.  He has his seat in storage and just needs to find the time to get to it.  Thanks again!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

Finally found more info - can anyone help locate one of these?  Nammo Talley Industries P/N 1000-39 rotary actuator, NSN 1377-00-891-6315

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 1/12/2021 at 7:21 PM, Capt Fig said:

Finally found more info - can anyone help locate one of these?  Nammo Talley Industries P/N 1000-39 rotary actuator, NSN 1377-00-891-6315

the P/N 1000-15 would also be fitting the T-33 seat. It differs from other types in having a longer strap from actuator to the Y split.

20201125_185239.jpg.0320fce969dc348ba9db5f6ca7ea6784.jpg20201125_185423.jpg.417194caed526c19dc9c0efeecc96fc8.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Capt Fig

Thanks HUD69.  Yes, I discovered that the 1000 series were apparently all the same with the -xx designator only affecting the attached strap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

Hi Capt Fig,

 

Just happen to have the actuator in the image above up for sale or trade. It is the -15 version.

Can you check the strap length (measure the distance on the seat) so we know for sure it might fit.

Cheers

Ron

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Capt Fig
5 hours ago, HUD69 said:

Hi Capt Fig,

 

Just happen to have the actuator in the image above up for sale or trade. It is the -15 version.

Can you check the strap length (measure the distance on the seat) so we know for sure it might fit.

Cheers

Ron

Hi Ron -

 

Didn't get around to it, but just a couple weeks ago a very kind individual donated to me a new inert 1000-39!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Capt Fig

Thanks for all the suggestions/help.  I finally (after a decade-long search) have the rotary actuator I need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Capt Fig said:

Thanks for all the suggestions/help.  I finally (after a decade-long search) have the rotary actuator I need.

Great! Please show us the result!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Capt Fig
On 8/7/2021 at 10:13 AM, HUD69 said:

Great! Please show us the result!

Still in the final stages of acquiring parts - I anticipate starting actual restoration late this fall.  Nevertheless, here's the actuator:

IMG_6663.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

 

To stay on topic, I would like to share a story with you all.

Back in 1984 (was a bit younger then) I obtained my first ejection seat, bought it for around 20 USD on a local flea market.

Turned out, it was a Lockheed T-33a Co Pilot seat, out of 51-4477, a former USAF Shooting Star.

 

Around 14 years ago, I disposed of this seat (togther with the rest of my rather large collection)

Today I brought her home again and sits here as a momentum of long gone days. (as I stopped collecting)

 

I will not restore her, but leave her as is, attached an image of the seat and the bird she came from.

 

Cheers

Ron

 

 

20211004_132227.jpg

1083754-large.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...