Named set of USMC P41s

Picked these up recently and not sure I’m gonna keep. I like the wear because you know they saw some action. Named to a Lt. D.E. Warren. Any ideas if this marine is researchable. Be nice to get any history back with it. A khaki shirt that came with it had a 1st Marine Division patch on it. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duane E Warren Muster Date: Oct 1943 Enlistment Date: 5 Aug 1943 Rank: Private First Class Station: Company "E", Infantry Battalion, Training Center, Camp Elliott, San Diego, Calif

Try This Guy

Bill

"The Americans on this Island are not ordinary troops, but Marines, a special force recruited from jails and insane asylums for blood lust." -Japanese Newspaper found during the Battle of Guadalcanal - "They Got That Right!!" Chesty Puller

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif

Duane Edsel Warren

Casualty Date:

20 Jun 1945

Casualty Type:

WIA

Unit:

COC, 1BN, 8MARS, 2MARDIV, FMF

Service Number:

Collection:

US Marine WWII Casualty Card Database

TAB WARNES-WARZ

Item ID:

"The Americans on this Island are not ordinary troops, but Marines, a special force recruited from jails and insane asylums for blood lust." -Japanese Newspaper found during the Battle of Guadalcanal - "They Got That Right!!" Chesty Puller

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif

I seriously questioned if that shirt with the 1st division patch went with it and the owner wasn’t positive. God only knows where the Lt. Bars came from? If that’s him, I truly thank you. Okinawa wounded Vet with my first oral history on line that I will listen to later.Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk