HOA

Hi,

My name is Pete Allen and I live in Fort Scott, Ks. I am 78 years old and that makes me too young for WW II and I was going to school during the Korean Conflict. My service years were being in the Kansas Army National Guard from 1958 to 1962. I spent 6 months on active duty with basic training at Fort Leonard Wood and artillery surveying schooling at Fort Sill. When I was a senior in high school I won a State wide recruiting contest for the Guard. The reward was an all-expense paid trip to Washington D.C. for one week (the other 9 of the top 10 went also). We flew there and back in an old Army National Guard plane. Yesterday I stood in the rain to welcome a group of wounded combat veterans who were here in Fort Scott for a R&R week end of hunting at the E-3 Ranch, hosted by former major league player, Adam LaRoche and his family.

skypilot6670

Welcome to the best resource for U.S. Militaria , you can research , purchase or just enjoy the conversations of some of the most knowledgeable collectors and dealers. Mike

Hello and welcome, Pete. What do you collect or have an interest in?

I have 2 groups of items. One is a group from a Marine who was killed in the invasion of Tarawa. Included in the group is a banner or guidon from Manuvers in Foxton, New Zealand where they trained for the invasion. Included on the guidon are the signatures of 36 of his fellow marines, 6 of whom died along with Kenneth during the invasion.

The second group consists of a WW II duffel bag containing the uniform worn by my wife's uncle during the war. There are combat boots, socks, undershirts, hankerchiefs, pants, shirt and a field jacket.

I will try to post some pictures

post-179286-0-88182800-1524869927_thumb.jpg

I have 2 groups of items. One is a group from a Marine who was killed in the invasion of Tarawa. Included in the group is a banner or guidon from Manuvers in Foxton, New Zealand where they trained for the invasion. Included on the guidon are the signatures of 36 of his fellow marines, 6 of whom died along with Kenneth during the invasion.

The second group consists of a WW II duffel bag containing the uniform worn by my wife's uncle during the war. There are combat boots, socks, undershirts, hankerchiefs, pants, shirt and a field jacket.

I will try to post some pictures

• 3 weeks later...