WWI Helmet Group

byf41

Just picked up this little group , both helmets are pretty rough . I know next to nothing about WWI helmets so any Input would be appreciated . I was mainly Interested In the camo job and the arrowhead Insignia . thanks guys .

post-12445-0-46896500-1515969366_thumb.jpg

The "arrowhead" is actually an evergreen tree, 91st Division, Fort Lewis McChord, Washington State...... And that is a killer trench knife....! Regards, Chris

Here is the one on my shelf, had a few of these, some have a "91" on the tree and some don't. Also, still in use today, here's a patch on a jacket I have. Regards, Chris

post-5954-0-57852300-1515972756_thumb.jpg

That 1918 is something. Can we see the blade on that? Please / thank you.

I was just thinking the same. Would love to have one in my collection. One day!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That swirl camo helmet is something, have always wanted one like that. Most likely painted on the ship ride home. Seems these are getting tough to come by, and always stings when you see the liner missing.

Did you get a name with the 91st? Or is it named around the rim or at the crown (sometimes marked where the size marking is)?

As for WW1 lids, I don't buy anything that is not complete with liner and chinstrap... No broken chinstraps even.... Just too many out there that still have all their "innards". Starter helmets, I have had a dozen if not more WW1 lids, totally stripped of liner and chinstraps, or remnants there of in the last 20 years..... But not for a long time now... Same with German WW1 lids, so many out there missing liners........ Hold out for the complete ones. You will pay the price but if you ever need to sell them in the future they are money in the bank. A store of value, like gold, silver, and bitcoin, ripple, lately.... Chris