Air Force Registry - look up

pchepurko

Does anyone have an air force registry for the mid 1950? I have a high quality air force offices visor cap to a Lt. Col. Richard K. Whitney and would like to get more information on him. Also on the name tag inside is 5260 Clark, AG (or AR) AFB 331-3584 348-2811. Any help is appreciated.

...on the name tag inside is 5260 Clark, AG (or AR) AFB 331-3584 348-2811...

How clear is that inscription? "Clark...AFB" might be Clark Air Base, in the Philippines. In the 1950s Clark's base support unit was 6200th Air Base Wing (Dec. 1950 - Feb. 1953) redesignated 6200th Air Base Group (Feb. 1953 - Apr. 1959). Any chance that "5260" is actually 6200?

Hi,

i have only the Air Force Register from 1965. There is a Richard K. Whitney listed too.

Promotion list number : 13607

Service Number: 54368A

Permanent Grade: Capt.

Date of perm. Grade: 07.Feb.1963

Promotion List Service date: 07.Feb.1956

Date of Birth: 29. June 1933

Education and Specialty code: Y2 Completion of correspondence course of the War College of the Air Force, Bachelor's degree

hope it helps a little bit

regards

Markus

There is a Richard K. Whitney listed as a retired Air Force officer in the University of Pennsylvania Gazette. It is just a notice of his death. http://www.upenn.edu/gazette/0900/0900obits.html

However there is an on-line article titled "RECOLLECTIONS OF MY ICELAND ASSIGNMENTS" that appears to mention him. I have posted an excerpt from the site. (http://www.usradarsitesiceland.org/uploads/docs/jgbl20348593.doc)

"I met the commander, Major Joe W. Beighley. He was an outstanding officer and ran a tight ship. He assigned me to a room in the BOQ (Bachelor Officers’ Quarters.) The room was fairly large (about 16’X16’) with a single bed, side table, desk and chair, a metal chest of drawers, and a sizeable closet. There were two side-by-side windows with Venetian blinds. I shared a bathroom with the officer next door. I met the other officers assigned to the site: Captains Frank Miley and Joe Croft, and Lieutenants Frem Nielsen, David Moore, George Frasca, Richard K. Whitney, Charles Towner, and Willie “Bung Chow” Hee. Another officer, Capt Joe Bosworth, III, arrived the same time as I did. Joe Reed and George Casano were two of the tree civilian tech reps that also lived in the BOQ. Other officers were later assigned during my tour including Robert E. Fitzgerald, Jr., Jerry Boudreaux, Phil Jensen, and a couple others I cannot recall. I was given a small supply of stationery and envelops that bore the name of the radar site in blue script:"

There is a Richard K. Whitney listed as a retired Air Force officer in the University of Pennsylvania Gazette. It is just a notice of his death. http://www.upenn.edu/gazette/0900/0900obits.html

However there is an on-line article titled "RECOLLECTIONS OF MY ICELAND ASSIGNMENTS" that appears to mention him. I have posted an excerpt from the site. (http://www.usradarsitesiceland.org/uploads/docs/jgbl20348593.doc)

"I met the commander, Major Joe W. Beighley. He was an outstanding officer and ran a tight ship. He assigned me to a room in the BOQ (Bachelor Officers’ Quarters.) The room was fairly large (about 16’X16’) with a single bed, side table, desk and chair, a metal chest of drawers, and a sizeable closet. There were two side-by-side windows with Venetian blinds. I shared a bathroom with the officer next door. I met the other officers assigned to the site: Captains Frank Miley and Joe Croft, and Lieutenants Frem Nielsen, David Moore, George Frasca, Richard K. Whitney, Charles Towner, and Willie “Bung Chow” Hee. Another officer, Capt Joe Bosworth, III, arrived the same time as I did. Joe Reed and George Casano were two of the tree civilian tech reps that also lived in the BOQ. Other officers were later assigned during my tour including Robert E. Fitzgerald, Jr., Jerry Boudreaux, Phil Jensen, and a couple others I cannot recall. I was given a small supply of stationery and envelops that bore the name of the radar site in blue script:"

Let's see if this link works: http://www.usradarsitesiceland.org/uploads...gbl20348593.doc If not just cut and past into your browser.

Thanks for all the help. I did some further searching through Google and found another person with the same name, born 1968 and also went to UPENN. I sent an email to see if he is related. If the above person is the right one then it would place the date of my cap around mid-1970 based on a rank of Lt. Col. I thought the hat was out of the 1950's due to the construction and quality.