D-Day helmet on ebay

Costa

Anyone get it? im interested in the pictures. Final price $1259.99. Still went pretty high, poor seller loss $740 though...

Hunt

double post

Anyone get it? im interested in the pictures. Final price $1259.99. Still went pretty high, poor seller loss $740 though...

Hunt

Seller rolled the dice.It was an auction.He still has fees coming off that price.....

He had a $1500 offer mentioned here earlier.Probably would have been better to take it.Even if it went higher always a chance of a non payer or buyer who gets cold feet and backs out.

Screamingeagles101

Come on screamingeagles101 did you win it haha :)

Nope, I decided to take bugme's advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Read the whole thread and comments like "Why would anyone paint a bugle on a faked Normandy helmet?", etc. - as if such questions lend provenance made me think of this question. "Why would anyone take a named D-ring 505th PIR officers lid that "came from" the Gettysburg museum and overpaint it with a generic ETO no-name camo paint job?"

Like a dog returns to it's vomit we are doing it again. Holding out for the one unlikely(and not provable) scenario over the millions of likely scenarios that would prove something fake.

Just sayin', a few month late but I'm seeing a lot of the same hope expressed by those previously burned by lids that were so solid and yet admitted as fake.

To me most of these are all going for the amounts of good helmets. Why not put that money only on good helmets and be done with it? Questionable militaria will always be questionable militaria. Did you all see the 2nd Ranger lid on Ebay. It will never end and yet people still throw money at it.

Be careful out there!

Dave