U.S. Recognition Vehicle Models

MECHINF-A15

The last one I have is the M5. I don't know if Dale made a version of the M4.

The turret also revolves on this model as well as the M3A1.

Thanks.

Ronnie

post-7752-0-66423400-1503350182.jpg

post-7752-0-04407500-1503350190.jpg

post-7752-0-90591800-1503350198.jpg

Ronnie,

Thank you very much for posting your Sherman & the three different versions of Stuarts. Excellent examples by the way!

Best regards,

Mike

Here's some late Cold War examples that I had forgotten I once had.

These were some kind of funky inflated foam pieces that looked like they were the low bid on the contract. They were colored in an equally funky green that was supposed to simulate the green or olive used by the Soviets during the 70's and 80's. They are roughly a 1/32nd or 1/35th scale.

These were highlighted with some hard plastic pieces for the details such as the gun barrels, Sagger missile, and radar array.

They also had some weird molded brick sized rectangular piece on the bottom of them. I don't know if this was meant to raise them in some kind of projection system, or if they were made to be pulled along in some kind of tracked display for a targeting simulation.

The tank is a generic Soviet style tank, while the others are more identifiable as a BMP and a ZSU-23-4 mobile anti-aircraft vehicle.

These were probably used while I was in the service, but I never saw them. I think I picked them up at a flea market near Fort Hood, which was big on anti-armor training.

I thought these were pretty neat, but when I went to sell them I could find no buyers. Not detailed enough for modelers, and not sexy enough for militaria collectors as WWIII had not happened yet.

I finally traded them to an overseas dealer who reluctantly took them. He later told me his customers thought they were "bathtub toys"! Ouch, that hurt!

Tanks 5.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hey Gents,

I have a few dales, all with their boxes, the models are all in pretty good shape, boxes are a little beat up. Any idea on what these might be worth? I am looking to part with them but no idea where to gauge what they may be worth. Can post more photos on request. Nice to see there are Recognition Model Collectors!

-P6

post-174294-0-79791800-1512874545_thumb.jpg

post-174294-0-88292000-1512874549_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...