Admiral Arthur Dewey Struble Estate Helmet Group

vintageproductions

USMC-RECON0321

Those stars look odd to me,and the paint is so sloppy. Seems to me an Admiral would have sterling devices applied not big poorly executed painted on stars, and what's with the vertical 2 star application? I don't recal that being a regulation manner for the application of rank.

1st impression, I'm not a fan.

Oh there are period Photo's of it in use?

( PM INBOUND). Are you interested in selling that helmet group you posted?

LOL

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Funny!!

I was thinking the same thing, LOL Actually it would've been fun to post it in the helmet section here on the forum, with no background and just ask for opinions and let the firestorm start, than hit em with the photo and background story. I think it would humble a few that could use it, realizing we are way to quick to judge or over evaluate things.

That is one heck of a grouping and photo proof! Love it.

Troy

I think you would have had a 80-85% negative view of the helmet on it's own!

Regards,

Ken

USMC-RECON0321

I think you would have had a 80-85% negative view of the helmet on it's own!

Regards,

Ken

I agree, that's what would've been so great about it. I think we all need a reminder, not everything fits the mold or standards of what we "THINK" we know about how things should look.

That period picture just seals the deal!!

Troy

As someone stated earlier one of the better finds and posts in a while. Great pickup. Hopefully it will remain together for a while. I'm not a helmet collector but I do enjoy reading the expert comments when someone posts something interesting and it's not theirs. Thank you for sharing.

vintageproductions

Just received a copy of Collier's magazine with the Admiral & MacArthur on the cover today.

adm.jpg