Bullion CIB on 7th Cav shirt - Japanese made?

Captainofthe7th

Captainofthe7th

I suspect this CIB is made in Japan since it is on a 7th cav shirt. Can anyone comment on that, or where the DUIs might be made?

post-3190-0-23297900-1445793824.jpg

Thanks,

Rob

Both in Japan as you suspect, where else would it be but Japan, maybe South Korea, but suspect Japan too. Does it have more insigina, IE Cav patch,EM stripes?, if so post it in uniforms.

Is there a wartime service SSI on the shirt? Does the CIB feel like it has a paper backing?

I agree with patches that from the picture above one would have to assume occupation-era shirt with Japanese made insignia. The light khaki base and nice, tight bullion work together make me think Japanese badge. Two very interesting features on your CIB; First, I have not seen another bullion CIB that didn't have a border running around the blue field. Second, normally on bullion CIBs the thread is run lengthwise along the rifle not up and down like yours.

A unique badge, nice find !

Captainofthe7th

Thank you guys! I'm afraid there isn't much more to see, that's all the insignia on the shirt...but I will post in uniforms anyway. I believe it's an officer's shirt. Bob - I will have to look closer to see if there used to be a border around the blue field, but it's in decent shape so I don't suspect anything is missing. Glad you like it!

Rob

post-6201-0-41383000-1446036160.jpgpost-6201-0-44288600-1446036167.jpg

Hello captain, Is this a recent pick up? I ask because I got this one off eBay this month and they seem similar (no CIB on mine) perhaps they belonged to the same soldier

Yep! Same seller and same price. I can't believe I missed the CIB! You must have got it before or they added it later.

They had another listed with the name but no other insignia so I passed.

Well I'm happy to be able to show you the name in mine....

post-6201-0-89982300-1446041806.jpg

Captainofthe7th

Strange, I hadn't seen either of those. Well that's just the best I am really glad to put a name to this now, thanks so much for finding this and replying, Chase. You made my day! Can't wait to get home and see what I might have on Lt. Whiting. I'll forward anything i find your way.

Rob

Strange, I hadn't seen either of those. Well that's just the best I am really glad to put a name to this now, thanks so much for finding this and replying, Chase. You made my day! Can't wait to get home and see what I might have on Lt. Whiting. I'll forward anything i find your way.

Rob

Rob

Hope you get the other shirt

• 2 weeks later...