Stonebridge Folding Lantern

doughboywwi

To-day I bought a Stonebridge Folding Lantern, Pat'd dates 1906 and 1908. Nothing other than manufacturer information. I know that some of these were used by the Medical Corps., but I would like to know if this was possibly used in WWI and if a regular enlisted infantryman would've had one.

V6OFwUV.jpeg

LUsnFvb.jpeg

W85VnFw.jpeg

~Garrett

These were used in WW1 for sure.

the rest of your answer, They would have been inside trench bunkers as well. Yes they were used by the infantry.

Thanks. How much are these things generally worth? Its got all the celluloid screening intact and everything, and I paid $33.00.

Military used Stonebridge lanterns were typically marked with Medical Corps or Commissary Corps insignia in the right corner above and left of the word "Stonebridge". I can't say that was universal and that lanterns without those marks were used by the military during WWI.

The military marked Stonebridge lanterns are made of galvanized steel (which makes them fairly hefty when collapsed/folded), while yours appears to be made of aluminum. Still nice as a representative piece until you find a contract lantern.

RC