What is this medical belt?

vintageproductions

vintageproductions

I found this Sunday at one of our antique markets we frequent.

The color of the canvas reminds me of WWI era or slightly earlier. The belt that is with it, looks like it was added later, just to have a belt with it.

All of the bandages and other medical items are in early boxes with a early type printing / font used. All the boxes are marked Mine Safety Appliances Co.

There is another medical belt shown on the forum from MSA that looks like it is from the 40's or later.

I thought it was cool, so bought, now just curious as to what it is.

Thanks in advance.

blt1.jpg

blt2.jpg

blt3.jpg

blt4.jpg

blt5.jpg

blt6.jpg

I've seen a couple of these through the years and I concluded that they are not military issue but were made for public safety use in factories and mines etc. Sort of the old school version of the first responder bag. Nice to see with all the goodies still intact.

Tom Bowers

Airborne-Hunter

For some reason the construction kinda reminds me of that odd barracks first aid kit that was mounted on the wall (I think the canvas thing went in a tube - check the link post #43). I can't even say why but the thought came to my head. In any case, the first aid packets look like the ones seen in the vehicle tins some times, but I think this one is civilian. It looks rather cool though and somewhat similar to the ww1 medical belt, but I don't think military. I could very easily be wrong though. Best ABN

First Aid Link