Anyone ever get a weird "vibe" from a uniform?

dan_the_hun84

dan_the_hun84

I guess I should have posted this around Halloween and I'm not sure if this the right spot to post this, but has anyone ever gotten a weird "vibe" off a uniform, or has anything ever strange happened after acquiring an item?.

While I don't want this to turn this into a off-topic debate on the paranormal or spiritual beliefs, I have always been curious if anyone has any tales.

I ask as my wife hates going into the "war room" and being around "dead peoples clothes", and she told me once she has heard odd noises in there when its quiet. Personally, there is one item I have that my granddad brought back from the ETO that is a little creepy to me (a P.38 he took from a dead German soldier) but other than that I have never had any issues.

I dunno...

doinworkinvans

I get wierd vibes all the time....." I shouldn't have bought this." :lol:

But no, seriously, I persoanlly do not as it is a way of keeping them and the memory alive in my mind so it doesnt bother me. But as you said, the queen does not like to venture into the "room " either. So maybe it's just them ;)

not thus far, and its a shame because I would love a good haunt. I have a few items I know came off the dead, and some I got myself, but alas, no one followed me home from Kunar AFG and is giving anyone the creeps.

I do have a few old toy army trucks I got to start a collection for my oldest (hes 2) and hes talks to them and stuff in the middle of the night even though theyre high up on a shelf. wife thinks its weird, I just think its imagination, much like a war room. when you know an item came from the dead you automatically connect the item with the event of the death. if anyone gets anything please feel to tell me about it! take pictures and try an EVP session in the war room and see what you get!

im about to go off on a nerd tangent, this could be bad.

I hope this thread takes flight. I have a pretty large dog tag collection hanging on my war wall at home. Quite often I'll pick one up and handle it just for the hell of it. The metal is always cold. A couple weeks ago I picked one at random from a Marine infantryman wounded on Cape Gloucester, and the tag was WARM, like extremely warm. Not making any implications but it was extremely odd.

I have never had the vibe from my militaria stuff. But there are a couple of antique baby dolls in my mom's house that creep everyone out. It's like they are watching you, always!

doinworkinvans

I have never had the vibe from my militaria stuff. But there are a couple of antique baby dolls in my mom's house that creep everyone out. It's like they are watching you, always!

You said the right word "dolls" ...they are way too creepy

ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO I BOUGHT 3 MILITARY LOCKERS WHICH HAD NAVY UNIFORMS AND OTHER MISCELLANEOUS THINGS. THERE WAS A SHIRT IN ONE OF THEM WHICH HAD THE NAME "GOSS" PRINTED IN IT. WELL THAT IS MY MIDDLE NAME. I HAD NOT KNOWN WHAT WAS IN IT BEFORE BIDDING ON THOSE FOOTLOCKERS. I BELIEVE IT WAS CALLING OUT MY NAME..AND NOW - - - ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS. :o

dan_the_hun84

I get wierd vibes all the time....." I shouldn't have bought this." :lol:

But no, seriously, I persoanlly do not as it is a way of keeping them and the memory alive in my mind so it doesnt bother me. But as you said, the queen does not like to venture into the "room " either. So maybe it's just them ;)

LOL.....yeah I'm especially terrified by the tone of voice she gets when she finds out I bought something else.

We have owned the house we are in now for a little over 20 years, and since day 1 we have experienced paranormal activity here. Once the "relic room" (as we call it) began to fill up, a lot of the activity seemed to center around that room, as well as the attic (whose entrance is in the relic room). The house was built in 1912, and we know that the second owner of the house (1923 - 1967) died in this house, and we have all encountered her here. There is also a black shadow figure that lingers in the hallway outside the relic room door, and tends to be hostile toward women. If a new female stays as a guest, it has been known to appear in the hallway, and move ("glide" is more accurate) quickly toward someone who enters the hallway. This particular event has happened numerous times, and to various people who were unaware that we had a shadow figure.

That being said, my relic room is not always a favorite place of mine. We will often have a strong feeling that the room is occupied when we walk by it, the door knob has been down to rattle, the door will shake and rattle, and we have heard things falling or being moved around in both the relic room as well as the attic. A guest staying here a number of years ago said that he could hear two people talking in there, and just as soon as he thought he could make sense of it, the voices stopped. We have also come home from dinner to see the attic light on, and when we venture upstairs into the relic room and to the attic, the light would be off. There are a lot of other things that have happened, but I will keep it focused on the relic room.

I do own things that belonged to soldiers that were killed in action - from the Civil War and World War II. I have a blood soaked Japanese canteen, a German M1940 combat helmet with a massive shrapnel through it, and a rosewood shaving mirror that belonged to a soldier who was killed at Gettysburg. I also have a lot of items that were in combat in most of the wars that we have been in. To be honest, I really don't know if the haunting activity has anything to do with my collection, or just the fact that the house itself is haunted. Our neighbor (who is now deceased) said that since Mrs. Barlow died (the woman who died here), no one has stayed in the house for more than 5 years. Former owners had asked her if this place was haunted, and she said that we were not the first to raise such concerns. We are just unique in that we never moved after the activity started. It's also interesting to note that sometimes there will be a flurry of activity, and then we could go months or a year or more without ANYTHING happening.

So as I stated - I am not sure if the collection has anything to do with it. We do know that about 40% of the activity centers around the attic, relic room, and the hallway outside the relic room.

I have thought about doing an investigation, but I have heard that it can encourage activity. Once they know that the living can communicate, they will make more of an effort to do so. I'll pass on that.

No particular items but i store items in my sisters basement which was just built but i always get a feeling of being watched, this feeling happens alot of times when im in antique stores or older homes/buildings. I try not to let it creep me out.

I have thought about doing an investigation, but I have heard that it can encourage activity. Once they know that the living can communicate, they will make more of an effort to do so. I'll pass on that.

as an experiment just put a voice recorder in there and leave it for the night, see if anything shows up. that way you don't have to interact with anything that might be in there.

this is getting my nerd juices flowing. I want to come check it out for you now.

When I was cataloging the collection at the Yankee Air Museum last year they had an overnight paranormal team come and do an 'investigation" I think it is on Youtube or the Motor City Ghost Hunters site. Anyhow, they got some "readings" near one of the WWI uniforms on a hanging rack which was quite interesting. As for me, I have never had an issue. Scott

dan_the_hun84

The P.38 I have have that my grandpa brought back is the only thing that gives me goosebumps. He took it out of the holster of a German soldier who ran out of a doorway a second before he (my gramps) came around the corner of the same building. He and his M1 did what they had to do and he retrieved the pistol later and sent it home. It usually sits 99% of the time in my gun safe, The weirdest thing besides the "vibe" is I have sworn I have laid it a couple times muzzle towards the back of the vault, and when I have opened it up a month later is facing another way. The safe weighs close to 1/2 ton so its not vibrating or anything, and I am the only one who knows the combination (my wife does, but never opens it, has no reason to) so again, I dunno...

that is cool. theres a variety of "do it yourself" paranormal tricks you can do just to test it, but also to give the wife some peace of mind that if youre not finding anything then maybe there is an natural explanation for things. sometimes, looking for the far fetched answer makes the obvious one more apparent too.

OR your house is haunted as crap in which case that's awesome.

I live in Texas,and recently I bought a Confederate Civil War Cavalry Sword in an antique mall. Its in bad shape with a gash to the guard area,with damage. Definatly looks to be battle tested.Anyway,I have some birds in my living room and I was vacuming around their cages one evening. The sword was laying on the sofa,I just finished handling it, still amazed with my weekend find. when I felt something swish the hair on the back of my Head. I ducked real quick,thinking one of the birds got out and was trying to land on my head,which they will sometimes do. Anyway i looked around and No bird was loose. I got the biggest case of goose bumps that you could imagine.I wasnt till later that I was telling someone about the incident, that she mentioned all of the DEAD things that I probably have In my house? I believe the original owner of the sword decided to give it a swing at me. Call me stupid or whatever,But I honestly believe it has a past to it....

I live in Texas,and recently I bought a Confederate Civil War Cavalry Sword in an antique mall. Its in bad shape with a gash to the guard area,with damage. Definatly looks to be battle tested.Anyway,I have some birds in my living room and I was vacuming around their cages one evening. The sword was laying on the sofa,I just finished handling it, still amazed with my weekend find. when I felt something swish the hair on the back of my Head. I ducked real quick,thinking one of the birds got out and was trying to land on my head,which they will sometimes do. Anyway i looked around and No bird was loose. I got the biggest case of goose bumps that you could imagine.I wasnt till later that I was telling someone about the incident, that she mentioned all of the DEAD things that I probably have In my house? I believe the original owner of the sword decided to give it a swing at me. Call me stupid or whatever,But I honestly believe it has a past to it....

On at least 4 occasions, either in the room with displays or in the room next door with the overflow, I've had something fly at my head.

The first thing I thought was a bat or bird got in the house but there were none in sight.

My wife was very much in tune with all that and would get all kinds of vibes and see things.

Even with the experiences I had had I was skeptical of the things she told me.

Then one night we both see a figure with a white robe come into the doorway and as soon as we make eye contact it flees.

I look at my wife and she says " you saw that didn't you ?"

"Of course I saw it. That was our daughter."

Well my daughter was in a dead sleep on her bed with her Sponge Bob PJ's on.

My wife tells me it's a little boy that she has seen before.

I saw it with my own eyes and I still don't know what to make of it .

I have one uniform that as soon as I find a V Corps Iwo replacement I plan to get rid of it.

On ebay i kept putting off as it had a bad vibe, I got it and something didn't seem right.

When I got his picture there was just a meanness to him, nothing like all the other photos I have of all the other Marines.

Just don't think this Marine was a pleasant person.

LF

We live in one of the oldest parts of Kansas City and our house was built in 1895. It's always felt like home here in the old neighborhood I grew up in. We don't know a lot about it's history. We've heard it was the second house on the block and that the people who built it were from Sweden and lived in it for a number of years. We raised 3 children here and we went through a period of maybe 10 years when we had infrequent encounters with someone my oldest daughter described as a little boy dressed in Victorian clothes. 3 of us had glimpses over the years but only my daughter actually saw him, and then, only fleeting. To be honest - I was skeptical until he reached out to me one day while I was standing at the sink shaving. The tiniest little peripheral glimpse of a child's hand touching the towel hanging beside me on the rack on the wall. To be honest - I never got the creeps, nor did any of the children. My wife was not so comfortable and in at least once instance the presence exhibited a tiny bit of defiance towards her. At some point whatever it was just ceased making itself known and we haven't seen a trace of it since. I've handled a lot of things and have often had to sell one thing to buy another. I've often wondered if it came in the house with something I acquired and left with it when I passed it on. The departure has always been kind of a low point for those of us who enjoyed it. I do have a uniform that came to me as a hand me down from my brother who had found in an incinerator bin when he was a kid. I'd like to get it in the hands of a psychic and see what they had to say about. It's unique due to the nature of it's manufacture and insignia but it's significance would not be obvious unless someone were a real student of military history. I don't think it's something a talented guesser could even get close on. Maybe I'll share that report with you guys some day.

When I open the door and enter my hobby chamber, I look forward to the first hint of the odor of stale wool uniforms displayed upon mannequins tasked with their proper display.

There is usually a slight chill of awareness once inside, but never stronger than when I'm alone.

I am honored by the spiritual communication these proud relics continually share with me and I look forward to many more encounters.

Russ