WWII 101ST A.B. DIV - 501ST PIR B-4 LIFE VEST 1943.

Hey Guys,

Just tought i would share with you the latest addition to my Airborne Collection it came in the Post today from Normandy France ;)

Out of a Private Airborne Collection a Battlefield Pick Up many Moons Ago...... Any how just tought i would Share it with ye all

Its a B-4 Life Vest 1943, Representing the 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment "Geronimo" with its Markings of a Lightening Strike and G.

Regards..T.

post-11464-0-87271900-1368632450.jpg

Hi

Cool item, i have one very similar but mine is not as clean as this one...

I fantastic addition...

Regards

Tom

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the Comments i sure am happy to add my First 501st P.I.R Marked Life Vest to the 101st Airborne Collection :)

Its not to bad of condition for its age but you can see closely in hand the small hair line cracks around the inflation tubes front and back where the are joined

I'm more than happy with it do to add it to the Collection.

Thanks Regards

Tomás.

Hey Philip and Ron.

Thanks Guy's for the Nice Comments once again on this side its Much Appreciated as always.

If the inspection date is October 44 would have still been in service after Market Garden.

Hello Sir

I Believe going by the Markings that the Markings Stand for April 10 1944 (API 10 44) is Marked on the Vest

But i could be wrong all i can add is it comes out of a Private Collection from Northern France.

ThompsonSavage

There was a similar one for sale on a Belgian auction website some time ago. If I had known those markings were 501, I would have bid on it.

Thanks again guys for the Comments !

Hi ThompsonSavage Thanks!

^^^

Yes the 501st PIR Markings are a Lightning Strike and a G

502nd Markings are: G.V.M.

506th PIR Markings are: R.S.

377th PFAB Markings are: B.W.

• 1 year later...

Hello

I was browsing this forum and I found this old thread. I own exactly the same one. It is the exact same date. I am sure mine is 100 % original. It comes straight from a farm and only cost me a bottle of wine to thanks the previous owner ...

Julien

post-106404-0-50560600-1416179698.jpg

• 9 years later...

I recently obtained what I believe to be a genuine life preserver property marked to the 506th PIR of the 101stAirborne Div., indicated by the RS stamp. In comparison to other known examples, it had not undergone any standard USAAF modifications such as the addition of the neck strap and the sea marker. It has only one inspection stamp as seen on the front, 18 February 1944.  Is there a way to trace Lt. M.L. Stewart to the 506?         Interestingly his name is followed by USC?....anyone have an idea what that could stand for?

506 1.jpeg

506 2.jpeg

506 3.jpeg