104th Division- 385th Field Artillery Battalion Ike jacket

Timberwolf

Hey everyone,

I picked this one up via ebay. I'm pretty happy that I got it as I've been looking for an Ike from one of the 104th's FAB's for a while. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

005-7.jpg

Overall shot of the ike jacket.

007-6.jpg

The DUI's are pinback and are simply marked sterling. Also due to the PTO ribbon and 1 1/2 worth of overseas bars (104th Div technically only awarded 1 bar for 6 months overseas) I'm guessing this guy may have served in Alaska before heading back to the states for training then to Europe with the 104th.

006-7.jpg

Great cross stitching on this Timberwolf Patch

Thanks for looking guys!

-Ben

Thanks guys! I was pretty excited when I got this, as it's my first 104th uniform with cross stitching.

I found some footage online of 385th guys boarding a train, the guy at 00:20 has cross stitching but on his chevrons too.

http://www.criticalpast.com/video/65675039806_United-States-104th-Infantry-Division_troop-board-train_troops-debark-from-ship_Timberwolves

Very nice!

Any name on it? With an American Defense ribbon + star and a Pacific Campaign ribbon I'd bet a cup of Coffee he was present in Hawaii on 7 December 1941....either in FA at Schofield or Coastal Arty....might be worth looking in to.

I mean how many 104th men had THAT story to tell? :D

Thanks Baron! Unfortunately there's no name, which is probably the only thing wrong with the ike haha! That could be a plausible scenario about him transferring from Pearl, but I guess I wanted to think on the safe side. I know Beast posted a uniform recently to Pearl Harbor to ETO veteran, so I it did happen.

A forum member has a program that can get a list of names from the laundry code. He wasn't asking much for the research and I think it is worth the investment.

The Alaska one is plausible as well, but I have always associated the star on the American Defense with Pearl Harbor veterans...could be a mistake on the soldiers part...he might have been on the Attu or Kiska TF and the star was meant for the Pacific Campaign ribbon.

• 2 months later...
104timberwolf

Hi everyone!

Timberwolf, happened to run across your post by chance. My father, Robert Lieberman, served as as forward observer (corporal) with the 385th fa battalion. Just celebrated his 89th birthday last week.

Bruce Lieberman

Montgomery, Alabama