U.S. Marked Padlock--Military or not?

hirsca

Estate sale find today. I have not been successful in tracking down information on what era this padlock was issued. 10 digit stock number has been elusive to me also. Is it even military? Any help with a date ID is much appreciated. Thanks, Al Hirschler.

post-12790-1345750059.jpg

Estate sale find today. I have not been successful in tracking down information on what era this padlock was issued. 10 digit stock number has been elusive to me also. Is it even military? Any help with a date ID is much appreciated. Thanks, Al Hirschler.

post-12790-1345750101.jpg

Most likely part of a set, kit, or outfit. What you are saying is probably the part number of that sko.

Thanks hawkdriver----set kit--sko? Sorry, I'm a Navy guy. Al.

Sets, kits, outfits = SKO. Anytime something is made specifically for a SKO, it may have a part number as opposed to its own individual NSN. I was on the highway driving when I made the last post, so I couldn't elaborate.

I don't think so, I think it is a lock for a security cabinet or locker of some kind. Maybe a weapons rack, but I think it is military.

Thanks. Any way to tie down that part/stock number? Thanks, Al.

They took FedLog off my computer about a year ago, or I could tell you about anything you wanted to know on it. Sorry. Next week when I go back to work, remind me and I will have someone run it for you.

They took FedLog off my computer about a year ago, or I could tell you about anything you wanted to know on it. Sorry. Next week when I go back to work, remind me and I will have someone run it for you.

Will do, thanks, Al.

Here's your reminder. Many thanks hawkdriver. Al.

My father in law served in the airforce during the Korean War Era. He gave me a similiar lock that he said was issued for his foot locker. Unfortunately, we never found the key.

Hello,

I hope this helps. The padlock was included in the Equipment Components List No. 10-46-I, Kit Weapons Mechanic, dated

I January 1952. The list was part of Annex E. of a F86 study conducted by the Air Force in 1953.

CC

Here's your reminder. Many thanks hawkdriver. Al.

Al, sorry I didn't get the number for you this week. My email will receive but not send and our supply person quit, so been a bad week for trying. I think you got your answer though.

My father in law served in the airforce during the Korean War Era. He gave me a similiar lock that he said was issued for his foot locker. Unfortunately, we never found the key.

I would say the same.I have seen the locks on footlockers as well from the nam era too