My WWII patch collection (so far)

Insigina Hunter

Insigina Hunter

Finally received my display cases the other day and put as many as I could into them before I ran out of room. All are fully embroidered except for the AAF patches at the very bottom under the civil air patrol patches (those are embroidered on felt). I ran out of diplay cases before I could add my USMC, Base commands and other patches I have (about 50 more patches). Just thought I'd share a hobby that has kept me busy and happy at the same time. Sorry for the big glare accross the one case of divisional patches.

post-14003-1331064084.jpg

As you can see I have a few holes to fill in my collections if you have any that you think I may be interested in please send me a PM, I am on this site multiple times a day.

Your collection is looking good. The forum members are a great bunch of people to work with to track down the missing patches you need. After 1 year of joining the forum, I had almost all of the common WWII insignia for my collection.

Insigina Hunter
Your collection is looking good. The forum members are a great bunch of people to work with to track down the missing patches you need. After 1 year of joining the forum, I had almost all of the common WWII insignia for my collection.

I agree with you completely, as I have acuired most of my patches from fellow forum members. When I first joined this site I was strictly a Metal insignia collector (kg luke and luxenberg) but once coming here I broadened my horizons and have gone patch crazy!

Nice start! Don't forget to leave room for all of the "variant" designs. You'll find that the 30th, 77th, and 95th divisions have multiples of variants all from the WWII era. Next it's greenbacks, bullions, theater made, etc...

As someone else stated, "Welcome to the addiction"!

Insigina Hunter
Nice start! Don't forget to leave room for all of the "variant" designs. You'll find that the 30th, 77th, and 95th divisions have multiples of variants all from the WWII era. Next it's greenbacks, bullions, theater made, etc...

As someone else stated, "Welcome to the addiction"!

Oh I'm aware of the different variations you should be able to see the two different variation of the 66th division patch as well as the sixth army, 7th army corps lastly I have the "dark blue mountain" version of the 80th infantry division coming in the mail from a fellow forum member. When collecting the varients almost every patch has different types due to so many manufacturers, I am only try to collect ones with major differences. For example 66th tiger head and old style with the whole cat, 80th light blue and dark blue mountains, so on and so on. I dont think I'll ever be done!!! I am trying to stay away from the green backs, the only other variations I am am trying to collect is the embroidered on felt variation.

lamarhooten
Oh I'm aware of the different variations you should be able to see the two different variation of the 66th division patch as well as the sixth army, 7th army corps lastly I have the "dark blue mountain" version of the 80th infantry division coming in the mail from a fellow forum member. When collecting the varients almost every patch has different types due to so many manufacturers, I am only try to collect ones with major differences. For example 66th tiger head and old style with the whole cat, 80th light blue and dark blue mountains, so on and so on. I dont think I'll ever be done!!! I am trying to stay away from the green backs, the only other variations I am am trying to collect is the embroidered on felt variation.

DON"T fight the addiction!! :unsure: It will only get WORSE!! We were all in your shoes once! ;) I have at least 27 examples of just the 32nd Div!! :think: You will NEVER have enough! There will always be one more to add to the collection! :thumbsup: HA HA ! I think you get the idea! Good start you have already! :lol:

• 1 month later...
BILL THE PATCH

as far as variations go, i tried to fine at least two if not more of every div, as of now i think i have about 6 94th div's 5 45th div's so on and so forth. there is only one div that i only have one of, and that beingthe 97th fiv. i include greenbacks as being a diff variation also. good luck on your hunt. it does turn into a obsession

Insigina Hunter

as of right now there are 3 variations I am trying to find. They are patches with and without OD borders as well as the greenback variation. So eventually Id like to have the 3 variations for each division patch (like the 43rd div patch I've pictured). I know some only come with or without OD borders which I am still trying to figure out exactly which ones came in only one variation.

Top 2 are white back and the bottom one is greenback.

post-14003-1335386617.jpg

I found that William Kellers book was a great source for me. I started out trying to get all the divisions, then the greenback bug hit and followed buy the variations and OD border as well. The book shows a lot of different variations. I have all 3 books, soon to be for sell, so if you want the different variations, this is a good route.

InsigniaHunter, ever seen the left facing stem on the 43rd?

2ndInf.Div.

Great collection so far! I need to start hitting up more flea markets as I usually find patches there. I've only got a handful of cut-edged patches but hope to get more soon :w00t:

• 3 months later...
Insigina Hunter

wanted to let you guys/gals know my collection size has nearly doubled! I now have 400+ patches, 150+ Luxenberg's, and 80+ KG Luke's. Will have pictures of the patches to follow. I just bought a dozen more Riker cases and need to figure out how to arrange everything (still dont have enough cases :pinch: ).