** Nerdy Collecting ** More than one of an item **

General Apathy

General Apathy

post-344-1329862922.jpg

Hi, Robert, nam-helmet, 67Rally, Garandomatic, JS, Pathfinder505, 1940Desoto, Sabrejet, johan, Chunky-Monkey, Glenn_J and 37thguy for all your comments and contributions here.

To proceed with in this preamble I would like to pronounce that I am not a preoccupied collector but if I can predicate my predominately predisposed predilection to despatch cases providing that that doesn't preclude me from purchasing other paraphernalia when practicable for my precondition of collecting and hopefully not producing my demise into purgatory and by relating this precautionary tale prevent other forum members to be predisposed to purchase items for their collections, right I predict that I finish here before I push this too far with use of words beginning with the letter P. :blink:

Anyway the despatch cases are attached above. ;)

lewis

post-344-1329862922.jpg

Hi, Robert, nam-helmet, 67Rally, Garandomatic, JS, Pathfinder505, 1940Desoto, Sabrejet, johan, Chunky-Monkey, Glenn_J and 37thguy for all your comments and contributions here.

To proceed with in this preamble I would like to pronounce that I am not a preoccupied collector but if I can predicate my predominately predisposed predilection to despatch cases providing that that doesn't preclude me from purchasing other paraphernalia when practicable for my precondition of collecting and hopefully not producing my demise into purgatory and by relating this precautionary tale prevent other forum members to be predisposed to purchase items for their collections, right I predict that I finish here before I push this too far with use of words beginning with the letter P. :blink:

Anyway the despatch cases are attached above. ;)

lewis

Oh goody...I love a game! I say the odd one out is the middle case in the middle row. Do I get a cigar!? ;)

General Apathy
Now I know why ammo boxes as so scarce

Hi Chris, my little stash couldn't have been the reason for a world shortage :lol::lol:

lewis

General Apathy
Oh goody...I love a game! I say the odd one out is the middle case in the middle row. Do I get a cigar!? ;)

Hi Ian, well there wasn't really any competition or game, but you may have noticed that the centre one has the U.S. printed upside down., bottom centre is a USN version, and bottom right a USMC version and both stamped on the inside flap, the cases top left to bottom right date from 1940 to 1944. ;)

lewis

Hi Ian, well there wasn't really any competition or game, but you may have noticed that the centre one has the U.S. printed upside down., bottom centre is a USN version, and bottom right a USMC version and both stamped on the inside flap, the cases top left to bottom right date from 1940 to 1944. ;)

lewis

So no cigar? Oh well...never mind, eh?! :smokin:

General Apathy

post-344-1329945290.jpg

I collect Antarctica related patches ....... some of which I have 11 variants of the same patch....

Hi Redshift, welcome to the topic, thanks also for sharing your patch collection here with us :thumbsup: and letting us know that your in the ' nerdy ' club with extra variants of the same patches :lol:;)

lewis

General Apathy

post-344-1329946390.jpg

Hi Readers and friends, probably not going to be a very good image something unknown occurred during the resizing procedure, but you might get the gist of what's in the photo, one of each different sizes and makes of WWII manufacture nape straps, but in no way a complete list, just what I got my hands on when I did. ;)

lewis

Wow Ken :w00t:

At least Now i know why there is such a short-age of Ammo Cans around the place that answers that question for me right now!

that's why there so Rare to find because you have got them all stored away in that massive Collection of your's.... Ha ha :lol:

Same goes for all of the different type of Manufactured Map Cases you have them all.. :D Dam it anyways.

post-344-1329946390.jpg

Hi Readers and friends, probably not going to be a very good image something unknown occurred during the resizing procedure, but you might get the gist of what's in the photo, one of each different sizes and makes of WWII manufacture nape straps, but in no way a complete list, just what I got my hands on when I did. ;)

lewis

Ken...at the going rate for WW2 napes on eBay at the moment you could probably trade those in for a nice little holiday down south (I mean Provence, not the other side of the Mason-Dixon Line!) ;)

I guess I'd better confess as well. When I first read this post, I thought of my Jerry can collection. 91 total WW2 cans by different makers and dates.

MVC_007S.JPG

And then I remembered my collection of WW1 dated M1910 first aid pouches and packets. These are just the ones that are not on belts. I counted 9 others that are not pictured here.

MVC_006S.JPG

WWII Parachutist

My militaria addiction would be WWII parachute hardware. Last count a few months ago put it at around 700 peices total. If anyone has some they want to get rid of let me know!

General Apathy
I guess I'd better confess as well. When I first read this post, I thought of my Jerry can collection. 91 total WW2 cans by different makers and dates.

post-61-1329968068.jpg

Hi Robin, thanks for adding some gas to this topic, :lol: I can bet some members would be working out the dollar cost of fuelling all these cans up. :blink:

lewis

General Apathy
And then I remembered my collection of WW1 dated M1910 first aid pouches and packets. These are just the ones that are not on belts. I counted 9 others that are not pictured here.

post-61-1329968266.jpg

Hi Robin, and again thanks for this family of 1910 pouches, I suspect they have a family of younger cousins, fantastic condition all of them. :thumbsup:

lewis

General Apathy
My lame attempt.... considering!!!

Hi hhc1, goooood collection, I do make it though that you need one more to complete the front row and make it a squared out squad :lol:;)

lewis

General Apathy

post-344-1329988427.jpg

My militaria addiction would be WWII parachute hardware. Last count a few months ago put it at around 700 peices total. If anyone has some they want to get rid of let me know!

Hi WWII Para, great, would you have enough pieces to equip my airborne unit :think:

All these guys are 11 inches tall ( 28cms ) ;)

lewis

General Apathy
Wow Ken :w00t:

At least Now i know why there is such a short-age of Ammo Cans around the place that answers that question for me right now!

that's why there so Rare to find because you have got them all stored away in that massive Collection of your's.... Ha ha :lol:

Same goes for all of the different type of Manufactured Map Cases you have them all.. :D Dam it anyways.

Hi Tomas, I figure your trying to say ' it's in the can ' :lol:

lewis

General Apathy

post-344-1329988961.jpg

My name is Johan I collect shoes , more like a shoe closet.... :lol:

Hi Johan, I took the liberty of adding a shot of some of your boots here to the topic ;) :thumbsup:

lewis

;)

General Apathy

post-344-1329991400.jpg

Ken...at the going rate for WW2 napes on eBay at the moment you could probably trade those in for a nice little holiday down south (I mean Provence, not the other side of the Mason-Dixon Line!) ;)

Hi Ian, I keep promising myself that ' one-day ' I am going to sort out my helmets and get them all up to scratch and complete regarding sweatbands, nape straps and leather liner straps, but once again today ain't that day again. :crying:

however if I were to take your advice and sell these nape straps then maybe I could make it down below the Mason-Dixon line and see the forum famous ' Kat ' at home down south :lol::lol:

lewis

:o :o :o I see you've just got one or two spares then?! You should be reeeeeeally nerdy and take each helmet apart and replace all of the suspension components with ones made by the same manufacturer in matching shades of OD. Now there's a task to while away a wet Normandy weekend! (and I'm sure Kat would give y'all a real Southern welcome!)

Ian ;)