Best of the Worst of eBay (humor)

67Rally

History Man

Sometimes you have to wonder where in the world they get their prices from. There is a guy at the swapmeet that has 2 WW2 USN aircrew jumpers (1 with common ribbons and no wings and the other with only patches). He told me he saw a pair of pants on ebay for $200 and how this stuff is super rare! He then continued to tell me how the price of $250 was a steal! It was very hard to stop myself from laughing :lol: He has had it for about 8 weeks and still tells me how his buyer is coming to get it :rolleyes:

Philip

Sometimes you have to wonder where in the world they get their prices from. There is a guy at the swapmeet that has 2 WW2 USN aircrew jumpers (1 with common ribbons and no wings and the other with only patches). He told me he saw a pair of pants on ebay for $200 and how this stuff is super rare! He then continued to tell me how the price of $250 was a steal! It was very hard to stop myself from laughing :lol: He has had it for about 8 weeks and still tells me how his buyer is coming to get it :rolleyes:

Philip

Ask him if he wants to buy anymore. When I see flea market dealers with inflated prices thats what I do. Its priceless when they respond "I can't sell the one I have why would I want more".

Ray

This guy has all of the good stuff, and his prices really are rock bottom! Here's another one of a kind, a nice USMC machety with scabord! Nice! ;)

MARINE ISSUE!!!

WWII..... THIS IS A MARINE COMBAT MACHETY. VERY NICE SHAPE WITH SCABORD. GOT THIS BEAUTY AT A GARAGE SALE. THIS WAS IN THE SOUTH PACIFIC INVASION, SAIPAN...ETC...I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE OF THESE AROUND!!! EVER!!!!

IF YOUR A MARINE YOU NEED TO HAVE THIS IN YOUR COLLECTION, I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANOTHER ONE LIKE THIS ANYWHERE!!!

THIS WILL BE FREE SHIPPING TO THE USA ONLY, OVERSEAS SHIPPING WILL APPLY, THIS IS NICE!!!

You're obviously not familiar with the nautical terms "PORT" and "SACBORD" !! :hapy0003:

Too bad about this item:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:X:RTQ:GB:1123

I feel like I'm doing the Sunday puzzle; "find six things that don't match" except this is too easy.

Well, obviously this is the uniform of a member of the super top secret Navy Army Air Corps group assigned to the Fleet Marine Force. Despite what history books may say, this small, elite group single handedly won the Vietnam War.

A very rare find, my friend….

Actually, the asking price (about $30 w/shipping) isn’t too bad if you buy it for the sum of its parts…

You're obviously not familiar with the nautical terms "PORT" and "SACBORD" !! :hapy0003:

Ha! Obviously not! The seller is definitely on a whole different plain than I when it comes to the English language.

And I'm not sure what a sacbord is, but it sounds painful! :pinch:

I was intrigued with this one recently. It's a wonder the Germans found the city at all! (it was listed under "Original Period Items")

post-14792-1331754198.jpg

That one was too good not to post a photo up here.... :lol:

That falls into the "hey sailor, you're kinda lost...ain't ya!" category. Wow.

• 2 months later...

This is actually a clever, more so than humorous, listing. Basically, the seller listed a medal group that consists of a DSC.

He wrote EBay prior to listing (almost a year and a half prior!) and asked if there was an issue with it since it was the French made version (which it is - a Type 2). EBay says it's fine however as a caveat, recommends not listing it on www.ebay.fr to avoid any restrictions in France on the sale of this medal!

The seller even posts the email chain in the listing in the event the EBay police stumble upon this one, although I'm sure a quick search would get this pulled fairly quickly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRENCH-MADE-DISTIN...=item19d0be3305

post-29885-1337115735.jpg

post-29885-1337115750.jpg

Another good deal on German eBay, a Generals Dress blue uniform, starting bid 800 €uros/$1019 or Buy it Now for 1,299 €uros/$1655. :thumbsup:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/US-Army-General-Par...=item43afc1cfde

Here's another General's uniform, Crosbie E. Saint, Buy it Now for only 895€uros/$1,140.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/USA-General-s-Unifo...=item3cc4b8f46b

teufelhunde.ret

A little early to be selling Holloween clown costumes!

:pinch: Shipping and handling worldwide would be $27.73

From the seller:

VINTAGE US MARINE (CADET) MARCHING BAND JACKET

MILITARY JACKET... RARE!

THIS IS A SUPER STYLISH AND RARE JACKET

IT'S IN GREAT CONDITION, NO HOLES OR TEARS

Wool / fully lined

inside pocket

sequin decorated on chest pocket

THIS MAY BE A NAVY CADET DINNER JACKET... IT'S UNKNOWN IT'S REAL ORIGINS

HOWEVER ITS LABELS CONFIRM THAT IT WAS AT ONE TIME MILITARY ISSUED, IT MAY HAVE SINCE BEEN MODIFIED...

THE INSIDE LABEL SAYS MENS WINTER COAT 37L (IT IS NOT EXACTLY HEAVY WINTER WEAR, THIS IS MORE LIKE EVENING WEAR)

THIS IS A SMALL SIZE

MEASURES 19" ARM PIT TO ARM PIT

20" LENGTH

IT'S ONE COOL JACKET !

(I'm 5ft 4" and this jacket fits me perfectly)

Check out my other items!

** A little about my self: I'm first and for-most an artist/illustrator, I studied at the Royal College of Art in london, England I work in clay, making portraits of the rich and famous for magazines and newspapers. @ k a r e n c a l d i c o t t dot com

I now live in rural Upstate New York. Ebay is a part time hobby that I take extremely seriously,

I work very hard to photograph the items and describe them correctly.

I always leave positive feedback once the buyer lets me know that they have received the package and are happy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251064585228?ssPag...984.m1438.l2649

__KGrHqN__o0E9cz_Z3E7BPbM1TE87___60_57.jpg

A little early to be selling Holloween clown costumes!

Looks like something Michael Jackson would've worn!

An ol' Marine Corps buddy of mine used to make fun of me, he said us "doggies" look like Christmas trees dressed up in our Army class A's. :lol:

Too bad that uniform is a small, I might have been interested. ;)

Looks like something Michael Jackson would've worn!

Ha ha...you beat me to that one. Man, that sucker is fugly.

Here's an Admiral's uniform (100 % ORIGINAL), but the bidding ends today so you have to be quick.

Check out the Admiral's fruit salad, I'm not that good on campaign and service ribbons anymore, but he has two Vietnam Service ribbons and it looks like the good Admiral did a stint in the Air Force too. :lol:

32171338.jpg

72393275.jpg

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Uniform-US-Navy-Adm...=item33761b3cf5

Haha I saw that Michael Jackson one but this one is even better. I am still not sure if it's real or not. The color of the material seems a little off from the original.

f6c46519.jpg

An Air Force jacket, looks like some sort of French Fourragere, I didn't know the Air Force was awarded that, and a what looks to be a US Army Drivers Qualification badge on the right pocket, so the jacket must be legit. :lol:

usaf.jpg

I also found this pocket patch on German eBay, it's not US, but it does have "something" about it.

mrtf.jpg