Unknown DI patch

chcole1

This came in today in a lot and has me stumped. The shape reminds me of USAF pocket patches but the colors don't feel like military to me. The cut edge and return threads feel more like WWII or maybe 50s.

I haven't found a DI with "facto non verba" only "facta non verba". Also the "courtesy" and "service" makes me think it might have more to do with a charity.

Does it look familiar to anyone?

Chris

post-17690-1325807567.jpg

post-17690-1325807572.jpg

The ASMIC motto List shows a Palo Alta Military Academy for the Facta Non Verba motto. The description is close to this. Could be an error piece maybe? Just a guess.

Bingo! You were right. The PAMA merged with the Harker Day School in 1972. The pics come from their site. You can see the patch in this first pic, dated 1965. In some of the other pics it looks like they had a different design in the 40s. Great shots of the cadets in their uniforms.

Does anyone collect MA patches? Are they worth anything; generally speaking?

Chris

post-17690-1325814056.jpg

post-17690-1325814065.jpg

post-17690-1325814074.jpg

Bingo! You were right. The PAMA merged with the Harker Day School in 1972. The pics come from their site. You can see the patch in this first pic, dated 1965. In some of the other pics it looks like they had a different design in the 40s. Great shots of the cadets in their uniforms.

Does anyone collect MA patches? Are they worth anything; generally speaking?

Chris

Great pics, check out the Marine Corps officer in one of them, I spy Aviators wings on him. This is interesting in itself as It is believed that only the Army provided Commanders and military instructors to military academies for youngsters, this by virtue of the Army's JR ROTC programe.