Knuckle Knife

pathfinder505

pathfinder505

I picked up this knuckle knife and would appreciate any information about it. When used, type, value, etc. Sorry I dont have better pics.

post-197-1325566999.jpg

post-197-1325567016.jpg

post-197-1325567061.jpg

I picked up this knuckle knife and would appreciate any information about it. When used, type, value, etc. Sorry I dont have better pics.

Pathfinder,

I think you know way more about your new beautiful that you are letting on, but I'll bite. ;)

It's a U.S. model M1918 Mark 1 trench knife manufactured in 1918 during the last few months of WWI. Being an LF&C, most likely never made it to the front lines while the war was still going on. Some had the guard modified by the Airborne paratroops so that they could to be carried more easily in leather sheaths when re-issued in early WWII. Yours, in that condition, with the original scabbard, would command $650-$750.

I have one in minty condition , if it has au lion on the blade or handle it is french made, if the handle has lf&c it's American made, what condition Is the blade in ? does it still have it's black coat to stop glare, that will give you a better ball park figure on the price. I agree with gun barrel, price wise if it's still got it's coating could be a little more for a very nice example as they are sought after

Regards

Dean

pathfinder505
Pathfinder,

I think you know way more about your new beautiful that you are letting on, but I'll bite. ;)

It's a U.S. model M1918 Mark 1 trench knife manufactured in 1918 during the last few months of WWI. Being an LF&C, most likely never made it to the front lines while the war was still going on. Some had the guard modified by the Airborne paratroops so that they could to be carried more easily in leather sheaths when re-issued in early WWII. Yours, in that condition, with the original scabbard, would command $650-$750.

Ok I will fess up. I have seen these at shows but didnt own one until now. I didnt know how much they were used in WWII but I read that airborne used them sometimes but never had a grouping with one included. Since I collect groupings that is why I never owned one. I also thought the value was around $700 but wanted a confirmation. Thanks for your response.

pathfinder505
I have one in minty condition , if it has au lion on the blade or handle it is french made, if the handle has lf&c it's American made, what condition Is the blade in ? does it still have it's black coat to stop glare, that will give you a better ball park figure on the price. I agree with gun barrel, price wise if it's still got it's coating could be a little more for a very nice example as they are sought after

Regards

Dean

Dean

Its the lf&C, the blade looks in good condition (no nicks) and I dont think it has been sharpened, looks like it had the black coat but a lot has worn off. I will try to get a better pic of the blade and post.

Pathfinder,

GB,

Don't you feel used and violated?? :lol:

GB,

Don't you feel used and violated?? :lol:

Gunbarrel, do not bend over and pickup the dropped knife. It is a trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pathfinder505
Beautiful knife !!

Thanks, I looked at the blade and it had been blackened but just worn off in areas (I think from the sheath). So, when were these made? An earlier post indicated they may not have made it to the front lines if LF & C.