Items Stolen

Griffinroydonald

Donnie came by the house tonight and dropped off his photo

album of the uniforms that were stolen ....

Keep your eyes out for these uniforms, all are in mint condition..

donnie6.jpg

This is really sickening. I am coming into this late, but you have my sincere condolences for your loss. I wish you the best in getting your items back. I will keep my eyes open!

-Ski

Griffinroydonald
What is the name of that show in Raleigh that is coming up in June. Also, I would be interested in taking you up on the ticket discount. w00t.gif How much are the tickets, after the discount? :D

- Jeff

I am offering a 25% discount from all the prices of items on my tables and will keep the prices as low as possible. All you need to do for the discount is identify yourself, shake my hand and find something you can use. What could be easier than that?

Thanks to johnny for posting the pictures, I don't have pictures of everything as the police department kept the originals and put them on file.

Oh, heh. I thought you meant a discount off the ticket price to get in the door. pinch.gif Well I will see if I can make it, but for the moment things look good on attending. :)

- Jeff

oh, I'm counting down the days with the start of May thumbsup.gif the show is yet to disappoint me, and there're 3 specific emblems I left behind the last two times that I'm snatching if they're still there!

• 1 month later...
Captainofthe7th

I know this is late, but Griff I'm so sorry. It's really just heartbreaking to hear about this, especially since your grandfather's gear was stolen. That's the worst.

Just stay in high spirits and don't give up. Six truckloads of gear after a theft is still a lot more than many of us have.

Keep us posted,

Rob

• 2 months later...
Griffinroydonald

Something great came out of this even after being robbed again by a forum member. I did raise enough money to buy the Porsche's I wanted

White 924 with black interior

2 Red 944's with black interior

2 Black 928's with black interior

1 Grey 928 with tan interior

I don't own anything related to the military at all. This ends a 46 year addiction and it feels good.

• 2 months later...
Something great came out of this even after being robbed again by a forum member. I did raise enough money to buy the Porsche's I wanted

White 924 with black interior

2 Red 944's with black interior

2 Black 928's with black interior

1 Grey 928 with tan interior

I don't own anything related to the military at all. This ends a 46 year addiction and it feels good.

Robbed again by a forum member? When was the last time you were robbed? So does this mean you found the culprit if you know its a forum member?

- Jeff

Robbed again by a forum member? When was the last time you were robbed? So does this mean you found the culprit if you know its a forum member?

- Jeff

Agreed, a very strange and open ended statement to make as you adiós from the forum and military collecting. Sounds like a slam to me. think.gif

I think he meant he sold all his leftover stuff really really cheap to a forum member.

Maybe... However, there's this last thread that he started which lends itself to me thinking he wasn't talking about giving a great deal to a forum member. http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry181620

I guess, I'm leaning heavily on my previous statement and the fact that he hasn't posted since that time.

I also think that it's time to remove this thread from the pinned list since it's apparent that Griffinroydonald has moved on to greener pastures with his Porsche while we're still here talking about a dead issue. My 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

think.gif

I am very sorry to hear this happened.....this is my worst nightmare!

All I have to say is that this was no random robbery.......if I had come home and tons

of my collection was gone, I would start with a list of names of who-ever knew of my collection and start

my "investigation" from there.......

Robberies are something people do when they need money, they usually take electronics and jewellery, etc.....

not some uniform or uniforms they know nothing about.

This is definately an inside job, perhaps somebody took it to sell to another collector?

Either way.....this was an inside job.

Keep your ears perked and best of luck!

Regards,

Duffy

• 3 years later...

Sorry for bringing this back up after all this time, but did you ever recover some of the stolen items? Ive always found great lots and groupings at the local flea market, and now I understand why my godfather shuns me- you never know when you're financing a criminal.

-Artur