Hey Marines.......Sgt Grit's Website

bobgee

Howdy .....If you're a Marine or friend of the Corps, and you haven't been to Sgt. Grit's site, Check it out. He puts out a great newsletter and sells some dynamic USMC-related stuff.

Sgt Grit

Semper Fi.....Bobgee

I am a loyal customer of Sgt Grit. His website is www.grunt.com

He has some great stuff, and releases a quarterly/seasonal catalog, always filled with new designs and items!

Greg Robinson

Yep...he has a great email newsletter. And recently I won a sample of Iwo Jima volcanic sand from him.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Sgt. Grits has some good "Moto" gear. Any thing imaginable that one can buy on the "civillian market" can be had from Sgt. Grits, with the obligatory Eagle, Globe and Anchor on it. Everything from t-shirts to toilet paper and more.

One such item has always struck me as what I call "Creepy-Moto." Motivational gear can be taken a step beyond pride of corps into a whole strange territory where even the greenest boot or saltiest lifer won't venture. This is...the Marine Corps burial Casket. It unnerved me to no end when I first saw it offered in the catalog a few years ago.

However, just last week, I attended the funeral for Gy.Sgt. Eugene Flanagan, USMC Ret. He was not only a friend and mentor, but one of my personal heroes, and one hell of a man. At his viewing, he was laid out in his dress blue Alphas, with all his annodized brass...in the Marine Corps casket right out of the Sgt. Grit catalog. It may look absurd to some in the catalog, but it is simply beautiful...the casket is painted like dress blues and has a GIANT EGA right above the head. Each of the ends has a brass fitting that bears an image of Marines in battle.

It was a fitting box for the final resting place of one of the greatest Marines I've ever known, and Sgt. Grit's catalog bumped up a few notches in my "awesome" book. Semper FI

GySgt. Flanagan served 25 years in the Marine Corps, and completed 3 consecutive tours in Vietnam, receiving 3 Purple Hearts.

The Sgt. Grit catalog company will likely fall into bankruptcy without him as a customer.