New member from the South.....backout19

Backout19

well gentlemen this is all new to me,i'm over that age of living day to day with a cell phone and computer so i kinda-don't get it all of the time .Instead i have amassed a treasured library of 35 plus yrs of many of the now too expensive to buy at now day prices.when i find a new military oddity at our local flea market,i go home and dive into my books looking for ID or info on this new little treasure.i started collecting edged weapons at 7 yrs. old and that was all i was into until i met the girl of my dreams and needed a good career job,i dropped college at 2 1/2 yrs,so i needed money for trade school. i sold that wonderful collection of 365 pcs. of amazing finds i had amassed at 35 yrs. of age.No regrets, i got the girl and worked 28+ yrs.as a sheet metal mech for the U.S.Air Force.13 yrs. on F-15s then to componet shops for C-130s and the large cargos.I also got a real life treasure, my now 29 yr old daughter. Never thought i would be good as a father,now i know i am.Back to the militaria,i collect a lot by what i find at estate sales and the great flea market.What i mean is if i found a nice VN era badged fatigue shirt and rough ww2 U S helmet a bag full of manuals (all time periods) and a Pal 6" fighting knife that was what i collected that day.Cost was about 32.00 for that lot,then i would go back on sunday and do it again.I was the only guy buying that stuff for about 15 yrs. then in the mid-90s it all changed....EBAY was born.and i'm sure most of you know what that did to my no competition situation.Soon after i started doing military shows in Atlanta and selling and trading extras for things i liked.I made it a point to spend some of that money on a good book on one of the many subjects i was gathering.As of right now i think my favorite items are badged fatigues,rare models,odd color or camo and also just patches by themselves.I am picking up a lot of the sandbox era stuff,there are so many different kinds that i can't help but love it. Well, that's some about me. Now i look forward to talking with many of you and finding out stuff about some things i've found that are not in the books.

Welcome to the Forum! You will likely find that some of the books and references in your library were authored by some of the members here. I look forward to your active participation as a fellow U.S. militaria collector.