• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cblackw1

cblackw1
  • Members
    • Member ID: 154,824
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:18 PM

I joined the forum about three years ago at the start of college. Due to my finances going towards college tuition and beer I put my collecting on hold for a little while, only buying and selling a few things here and there. Since my graduation from The Citadel in May I have been back on the forum almost everyday. I wanted to reintroduce myself for those of you who don't know me. After graduation I received my commission and became a second Lieutenant in the Army Reserves on 4 July of this year at FT Knox. I have also started my career as a history teacher at a local high school. Until recently the focus of my collection was on the ETO but I have recently shifted to focusing on just the Normandy Campaign. Some highlights include a m42 jacket named to a 507th trooper that jumped in Normandy, a medics helmet, a few named m1 helmets, multiple Ike jackets and m41 jackets and some pretty cool field gear all named to Normandy vets.  I will post some pictures of my collection soon. Im glad to be back and I look forward to meeting some of you awesome people. 

#2 gwb123

gwb123

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 1,506
  • 17,108 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:13 PM

Welcome back.  Congratulations on your commission and good luck as a school teacher.  It is a demanding profession, but you will get to guide young lives.

#3 Chickenpuffball

Chickenpuffball
  • Members
    • Member ID: 163,638
  • 180 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:54 PM

I joined the forum about three years ago at the start of college. Due to my finances going towards college tuition and beer I put my collecting on hold for a little while, only buying and selling a few things here and there. Since my graduation from The Citadel in May I have been back on the forum almost everyday. I wanted to reintroduce myself for those of you who don't know me. After graduation I received my commission and became a second Lieutenant in the Army Reserves on 4 July of this year at FT Knox. I have also started my career as a history teacher at a local high school. Until recently the focus of my collection was on the ETO but I have recently shifted to focusing on just the Normandy Campaign. Some highlights include a m42 jacket named to a 507th trooper that jumped in Normandy, a medics helmet, a few named m1 helmets, multiple Ike jackets and m41 jackets and some pretty cool field gear all named to Normandy vets.  I will post some pictures of my collection soon. Im glad to be back and I look forward to meeting some of you awesome people. 

Welcome!

#4 35th USAAD

35th USAAD
  • Members
    • Member ID: 6,443
  • 604 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:33 AM

Welcome back, I did my basic training at Ft Knox in 1965.

#5 Backtheattack

Backtheattack
  • Members
    • Member ID: 104,851
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:50 PM

Welcome back!

#6 Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual
  • Members
    • Member ID: 159,798
  • 914 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:12 AM

Hello and welcome. Looking forward to those photos of yours!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users