My Great Uncles USMC Jacket returned

ScottG

I would like to start out by saying that this is a great idea for a topic, so kudos to Robert!

I did a post on another forum about a USMF member that was kind enough to "return" a family item to me. I like to browse the members displays area and one day I spotted a jacket from the USMC with my Great Uncles exact initials on it. I contacted the owner in France and asked him if he had any history on the piece. He told me where he got it and how it was marked and I gave him info on my Great Uncle. I don't collect USMC but told him if he ever thought about selling to let me know. About a year went by and he contacted me to do a trade. I was unable to do that and he later decided on a cash price which I gladly paid. For more info on the story and pics, it is posted here http://**********************.com/index.php?topic=2959.0 The member was most generous and it made my Dad happy! The member was Etienne and the jacket is now home with family.

Scott

Thanks Robert, I guess you have to be a member to view the topic as its named.... Here is my Father (USMC 59-63) on the right, his Cousin (USMC in Korea) and their Uncles jacket. This picture was taken at the funeral of my Uncle and Fathers oldest Brother (USMC 56-58) So it really meant a lot to get it back. Scott

post-104832-0-67544000-1487390566_thumb.jpg