• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ScottG

ScottG
  • Members
    • Member ID: 104,832
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:33 PM

I would like to start out by saying that this is a great idea for a topic, so kudos to Robert! 

I did a post on another forum about a USMF member that was kind enough to "return" a family item to me. I like to browse the members displays area and one day I spotted a jacket from the USMC with my Great Uncles exact initials on it. I contacted the owner in France and asked him if he had any history on the piece. He told me where he got it and how it was marked and I gave him info on my Great Uncle. I don't collect USMC but told him if he ever thought about selling to let me know. About a year went by and he contacted me to do a trade. I was unable to do that and he later decided on a cash price which I gladly paid. For more info on the story and pics, it is posted here http://alliedmilitar...hp?topic=2959.0  The member was most generous and it made my Dad happy! The member was Etienne and the jacket is now home with family.

Scott

#2 tarbridge

tarbridge

CHIEF MODERATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 123
  • 15,110 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:38 PM

Thanks Scott...you might want to.post it here...the link will not allow you to open.

#3 ScottG

ScottG
  • Members
    • Member ID: 104,832
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:04 PM

Thanks Robert, I guess you have to be a member to view the topic as its named.... Here is my Father (USMC 59-63) on the right, his Cousin (USMC in Korea)  and their Uncles jacket.  This picture was taken at the funeral of my Uncle and Fathers oldest Brother (USMC 56-58) So it really meant a lot to get it back.   Scott

Attached Images

• resized_100_6696.JPG

#4 tarbridge

tarbridge

CHIEF MODERATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 123
  • 15,110 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:34 AM

Great photo Scott...I'm glad something treasured by your family is home. Congratulations.

#5 warguy

warguy
  • Members
    • Member ID: 21,606
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:30 AM

Yes Scott that is a great story and that photo is now a family treasure, just like the jacket. Kevin

#6 sundance

sundance
  • Members
    • Member ID: 67,879
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:46 PM

That's a great outcome and a very nice jacket.

#7 fstop61

fstop61
  • Members
    • Member ID: 35,406
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:26 AM

That's really awesome! It's a small world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users