Most embarrassing moment(s) in uniform...

Started by Bluehawk , Sep 24 2016 11:34 AM

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#51 GDMortarman

GDMortarman
  • Members
    • Member ID: 12,043
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

Well this is not embarrassing to me, but to the Soldier it may be if he tells anyone.  Back in 1997 I was a recruiter in Salt Lake.  I was down at MEPS just hanging around for my applicant to be finished and we could leave for the day.  I was asked to come in the the liaison office as another applicant had an issue.  Come to find out, he showed up to process without any drawers on.  MEPS policy is you have to have socks, closed toes hoes and drawers on to process.  Well this kid did not follow the rules and here comes SFC Kibler to the rescue.  As it turned out, he was a kid from our station and one of my buddies applicants. So we looked around the office for a set of PT shorts, none, so we had to had some drawers around(we usually had some, because these things happen at times)  Nope, no drawers.  As it turned out, Kmart down the street was not open yet, and they were about ready to kank the kid for the day.  This is where an NCO steps in.  I take the kid into the security interviewers office and proceed to ask him if he really wants to join that day, he responded with a "Yes"  So I gave him a ultimatum,   I would give him my shorts (i'm Infantry by nature) and he can put them on inside out and then once he enlisted he could throw them away.  Well, he joined and mission accomplished for the station.  So my motto for a few years was, "I will not only give you the shirt off my back, but the shorts off my rump so you can join"  I just bet he never told anyone he did that either.  Stay Army!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

In Memory of Co-Founder GREG MILLS ROBINSON, a.k.a. "Marine-KaBar"
(February 17, 1949 - March 5, 2011)